The Last non-Monster movie you have watched?

Started by marsattacks666, July 29, 2019, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: marsattacks666 on January 04, 2020, 04:08:45 AM
Inherit the Wind-1960
To Kill a Mockingbird-1962
Both powerful and poignant, films.

LOVE both!
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on January 04, 2020, 03:51:40 AM
John Ford directed this old TV standard western filler film.

"Filler"? It's a classic! The best of all the different versions, IMHO.

Harry Carey Sr. starred in the first film version (1916) and John Ford directed Carey in a 1919 version called "Marked Men".
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mord

Bombshell (2019) -

Flick about the pervy, behind-scenes antics at Fox News. Roger Ailes is brilliantly portrayed by John Lithgow. Charlize Theron is exceptional as Megyn Kelly and Margot Robbie...well, she's Margot F***ing Robbie.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

I'm stoked that "Once Upon a Time in...Hollywood" took home three Golden Globes (best supporting actor, best director, best picture). They usually give those top honors to some pretentious drivel. Also, nice to see "Parasite" take home two, as well. If you haven't seen it, you're missing out.

geezer butler

We watched The Wizard of Oz (1939) over the holiday break. I had not watched it in years. Still a fun movie imo.

Haunted hearse

What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Mord

Marriage Story (2019) -

This is getting so many great reviews, my girlfriend insisted we watch it. After 20 minutes, and looked at each other we decided we had better things to do. Dull, pretentious, and devoid of humor....dont even bother.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Lunkenstein

MERRY CHRISTMAS, MR. LAWRENCE (1983) - Magnificent. Love this film.
Paul

marsattacks666

Mord

marsattacks666

BigShadow

The Joker (2019).  I though the movie was decent and portrayed the joker sort of like the comics.  It's the beginning of him losing his mind and becoming homicidal.  This definitely wasn't a comic book movie, but more of a psychological thriller with a comic character in it.  I also thought it was going to be more violent than it was.  There were a few, I think four, violent scenes that were pretty tame by today's standards.  I did, however, like the decent into madness story and how it set up batman being in a sequel.  In all I'm glad I watched it, but was somewhat disappointed that it didn't get into how diabolical the Joker actually is.  Maybe in the sequel.
I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity...

House of the Unusual Podcast

Mord

1917  -
Great war pic, but not film of the year. That honor belongs to Tarantino.