Bowie fans, consider your day ruined

Started by deadonarrival, July 20, 2019, 07:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadonarrival

😕
Sorry, i just didnt want to suffer this alone.

Mord

That's ok, my girlfriend wants one. I'll save my money for vinyl.

marsattacks666

Let me get straight. MEGO could not get the okay to make a Bowie figure, but, Mattel can. Wtf?!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LundyAfterMidnight

"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Hepcat

Collecting! It's what I do!

LundyAfterMidnight

Coming soon, a Ken Freddie Mercury!  ;D
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

I think something good will come of this. I've noticed several nude Bowie Barbies on  eBay.  Some cool customs are just around the corner. At least the clothes are well done and accurate.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 23, 2019, 06:44:17 PM
I think something good will come of this. I've noticed several nude Bowie Barbies on  eBay.  Some cool customs are just around the corner. At least the clothes are well done and accurate.

Years ago my ex purchased a Joan Jett and Blondie Barbie. Too me, it's a little weird. Just my opinion

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 23, 2019, 11:30:55 PM
Years ago my ex purchased a Joan Jett and Blondie Barbie. Too me, it's a little weird. Just my opinion
My girlfriend got the Cyndi Lauper. She also has a very cool Tippi Hedren "The Birds" doll wih attacking birds (plus Munsters and Addams Family sets). It's not any weirder than collecting Dracula figures. Women have different tastes than us ruffians. Btw, I didn't know there was a Blondie figure. Did it look like her?

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on July 24, 2019, 12:16:02 AM
My girlfriend got the Cyndi Lauper. She also has a very cool Tippi Hedren "The Birds" doll Sith attacking birds (plus Munsters and Addams Family sets). It's not any weirder than collecting Dracula figures. Women have different tastes than us ruffians. Btw, I didn't know there was a Blondie figure. Did it look like her?

No, neither does the Joan Jett Barbie. I had the Tippi Hedren Barbie. Sold it years ago. The doll looks like Barbie

Wolfman

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 24, 2019, 12:20:31 AM
No, neither does the Joan Jett Barbie. I had the Tippi Hedren Barbie. Sold it years ago. The doll looks like Barbie
At least the birds don't!

JP

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on July 24, 2019, 12:20:31 AM

Yeah, I don't get why they don't look like the characters. The Munsters and Addams Family are particularly bad. Hey, she has a room dedicated to Barbie and I have two for my monsters.  Fair enough (it's HER house...I'm just a freeloader).

aura of foreboding

A major difference between Barbie and other action figures/dolls is that Barbie is about the fashion.  This isn't supposed to be a David Bowie doll.  It's just Barbie dressing up in honor of David Bowie.  For Barbie collectors, it's more about the outfits.  For other "action figure" collectors, it's more about the sculpts. 

deadonarrival

Quote from: LundyAfterMidnight on July 23, 2019, 09:01:54 AM
Coming soon, a Ken Freddie Mercury!  ;D

Aw man, dont give any bad ideas.  :-[
Lol.

We used to have the Munsters set. I thought the Lily looked ok but ken as Herman really bothered me. Like creepy in all the wrong ways.