Author Topic: Mego Blue Shirt Werewolf  (Read 495 times)

Blue Fang

• New Recruit
Mego Blue Shirt Werewolf
« on: July 15, 2019, 12:20:46 PM »
Hello, I was looking through the Mego threads here when I learned about this guy in one of the posts, but I got no further information on him

Unlike the red one I saw this one looks much more like Lon Chany's Wolfman and I'm interested especially because of the low price. Does anyone have it and would you recommend it?

Thank You

Edit: Whoops, apologies I submitted this in the wrong board.
I must insist upon one thing. Under no circumstances are you to go out onto the moors at night.

Graboids!

Happy Halloween!

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: Mego Blue Shirt Werewolf
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 01:21:43 PM »
Hello, I was looking through the Mego threads here when I learned about this guy in one of the posts, but I got no further information on him

Unlike the red one I saw this one looks much more like Lon Chany's Wolfman and I'm interested especially because of the low price. Does anyone have it and would you recommend it?

Thank You

Edit: Whoops, apologies I submitted this in the wrong board.
I believe Monsres in Motion still has some.

Blue Fang

• New Recruit
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »
I believe Monsres in Motion still has some.
I've seen some on Amazon for only $16 in stock from dozens of sellers

I was just asking because it looks pretty good and $16 for an 8 inch figure isn't bad at all
I must insist upon one thing. Under no circumstances are you to go out onto the moors at night.

Graboids!

Happy Halloween!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 05:20:23 PM »
 I have the red shirt version. It's the same, sculpt, but a better paint job. The originals were too glossy. That said, this may be a prototype.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 07:12:33 PM »
I love The Wolfman. I love Lon Chaney. I don't love this figure. But then again, I didn't love "Face of the Screaming Werewolf" either, so no harm, no foul,lol. :angel:

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 08:14:23 PM »
I love The Wolfman. I love Lon Chaney. I don't love this figure. But then again, I didn't love "Face of the Screaming Werewolf" either, so no harm, no foul,lol. :angel:
I think he's trying to find out if there's a difference in the sculpts. I think they're both the same, aside from the paint apps. Then again, the picture is of a prototype. They always look better.

Blue Fang

• New Recruit
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 09:07:26 PM »
I think he's trying to find out if there's a difference in the sculpts. I think they're both the same, aside from the paint apps. Then again, the picture is of a prototype. They always look better.
What were the problems you had with it?

Graboids!

Happy Halloween!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »
What were the problems you had with it?
I liked it enough (for the price). I'm only going by the picture you posted, since I haven't seen it in person. My red shirt version looks the same, but not as well painted. The paint is too glossy and thick for my taste. The  blue one looks to have a flatter finish and more attention to detail. Do you own any version?