Author Topic: For the love💕 of Randotti  (Read 747 times)

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
For the love💕 of Randotti
« on: June 27, 2019, 12:28:02 PM »
Anyone of the UMA a fan or collector of the Randotti skull? Here is an example.

http://www.soapysmith.net/page16.html
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:31:16 PM by marsattacks666 »
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
Re: For the love💕 of Randotti
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 07:22:43 AM »

We visited Disneyland frequently as a family through the 1960s and '70s. Back then, the "Adventureland" section of
Walt's Magic Kingdom was decorated extensively with skulls. I always wanted to take a few home with me but that
would not have sat well with Disney. They were sure fun to look at though >

Randotti skulls were the next best thing. The "Tropical Imports" stall carried them along with tiki statuettes and
shrunken heads which I also collected. I have a few Randotti skulls to this day, with their Disneyland price tags
still affixed >

« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:55:51 AM by Sir Masksalot »

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 10:45:34 AM »
I had a few over the years, since my family made yearly trips to Disneyland in the 1960's and 70's. I still have a Haunted Mansion tombstone, which I think was made by Randotti.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 05:54:18 PM »
😃
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

fearliath

• Corporal
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 01:28:09 PM »
That tropical imports store used to be WAY cooler than it is now. Even in the 90's the Disneyland one had cool stuff like shrunken heads and skulls and other things that "fit" with Adventureland. I love Disneyland but now a lot of the merchandise is ... not as cool. Maybe it's just that I'm grown up now though.

Sir Masksalot

• Corporal
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2020, 07:20:36 AM »
Maybe it's just that I'm grown up now though.

It's not just you, fearliath. Disneyland has become far too "cartoon cute" over the decades
and I don't believe Mr Disney himself would approve. All the scary details that made it the
park I loved have been either toned down or phased out.

Do you remember how "untamed" Frontierland used to be, with sights like that dead settler
lying in front of his burning cabin? 'How wild the Jungle Cruise was with bloody carcasses in
the lions' den? I vaguely recall a Chaney Phantom walkaround outside Main Street Cinema
where the 1925 movie was showing.
Seeing skulls all over Adventureland made me want to buy Randotti skulls like crazy. They
also sold various creepy crawlers out of big barrels at Tropical Imports. I've kept mine over
the years for use as Halloween decor. That snake, fully extended, is three feet long >

One has to be cautious in how to store them though. Most were made of this weird rubber
compound called Smooth-On (?) that dissolves most anything it touches.