Author Topic: WHERE IS EVERYBODY?  (Read 4619 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
« on: June 24, 2019, 05:38:48 AM »
I was talking to a member who used to post here quite often, but has been largely absent lately.  He informed me that he has shifted over to Facebook, etc. and cited the low usage on sites like this one as one of his reasons.

I know that there are a lot less active members than there used to be - especially during the weekends, when this place gets quiet as a morgue.

Has progress passed us (or just me) by?  Is this incarnation of the UMA being phased out?

I hope things pick up around here for the Halloween season with lots of announcements of new wallet-draining monster goodness.
ADAM

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Re: WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 08:59:16 AM »
Go to FB if you want to be spied on! We love you for yourself, not how much money we can make off you.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »
Go to FB if you want to be spied on!...

Kinda the way I feel about it.

...  We love you for yourself, not how much money we can make off you. 

Aw, shucks!
ADAM

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 09:13:15 AM »
Facebook! What a f*****g joke! Mike, I totally agree. If one wants to be monitored by the FB police, then, Hey! Who am I to judge. The Universal Monster Army is a viable, fun  place, where unique an interesting people post, share, express their thoughts and collectibles. I will never again become a FB user. The UMA is the place for me and I am proud to be a member. Ten years strong for me.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike...In 3-D!

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 09:47:29 AM »
I admit, I could be more active on here. I would like to be and I don't really have any good excuses why I'm not. I'll try to rectify that!
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 09:50:03 AM »
I admit, I could be more active on here. I would like to be and I don't really have any good excuses why I'm not. I'll try to rectify that!

Sounds painful.
ADAM

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2019, 09:57:31 AM »
I would like to be and I don't really have any good excuses why I'm not. I'll try to rectify that!

Here's a little incentive!
CREATURE FAN

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
Go to FB if you want to be spied on! We love you for yourself, not how much money we can make off you.

Facebook! What a f*****g joke! Mike, I totally agree. If one wants to be monitored by the FB police, then, Hey! Who am I to judge. The Universal Monster Army is a viable, fun  place, where unique an interesting people post, share, express their thoughts and collectibles. I will never again become a FB user. The UMA is the place for me and I am proud to be a member. Ten years strong for me.

I agree. Facebook is way too mass market for me. My interests are much too specific; my tastes are much too refined.

:)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 11:10:03 AM »
Facebook is way too mass market for me. My interests are much too specific; my tastes are much too refined.

I'm also old and change scares me.  ;D
CREATURE FAN

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 11:23:35 AM »
I'm with the Army. There are too many friends of mine that have screwed up their lives with FB. The UMA feels like the comfy old couch I watch my monster movies on. Sure, it would be nice to have more people posting. That said, I wouldn't want most of the Facebook people polluting our fun.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 01:39:48 PM »
I'm with the Army. There are too many friends of mine that have screwed up their lives with FB. The UMA feels like the comfy old couch I watch my monster movies on. Sure, it would be nice to have more people posting. That said, I wouldn't want most of the Facebook people polluting our fun.

Well said, Mord.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Kidagain

• Sergeant
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 04:29:23 PM »
Facebook has almost wiped out the Halloween Mask Association that I also belong to,only a handful of us post there now and I need to up my own input there to tell the truth.There are so many names that I used to see here that have not posted in years which is a shame.I'm not a Facebook member and I'm told that I'm missing out on a lot of groups with the same passion as me. Seems that Facebook is in the news a lot these days with privacy problems so why should I go there.Like it just fine and hope more and more folks join our group in the future.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »

I feel so much better for having started this thread.  It is great hear from you guys that I am not alone in my love for the UMA and my desire to keep it going.

I'm going back to our Home Page and making a donation to help keep it viable right now.
ADAM

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 06:27:30 PM »
I feel so much better for having started this thread.  It is great hear from you guys that I am not alone in my love for the UMA and my desire to keep it going.

I'm going back to our Home Page and making a donation to help keep it viable right now.

Awesome!

Doh!

• Corporal
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 09:22:41 PM »
I don't Facebook so you're stuck with me. I am also one of the last holdouts on The HMA. I'm much more of a fan of forums anyway; I think the process here is "cleaner."