The Banana Splits Movie Trailer

Started by the_horror_man, June 14, 2019, 05:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

When I started watching the trailer, I was thinking this would make a good horror. Turns out, it is.

thm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R1-ZZTcTBY#

LundyAfterMidnight

As a big Splits fan back in the day, this isn't what I had in mind.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Ha.  I can't not check this one out.

LundyAfterMidnight

I might have to see this out of morbid curiosity, like I did w/Burton's Dark Shadows.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Rex fury

Well I have to admit the first thing that my mind associated with this was Charles Manson and the Beatles. Nothing like linking 60's cultural icons to mass murder.
RF

Count_Zirock

This looks wretched!

Which is a step up for most direct-to-Syfy films.
"That's either a very ugly woman or a very pretty monster." - Lou Costello

Sir Masksalot

So I went ahead and watched this movie, something about killer robots of the Splits pursuing families through a darkened sound stage resulting in death and dismemberment galore.
I would've been better off watching a tape of the original episodes instead but what the hell, the concept was just screwy enough to look into. Did anyone else here see it? 

Mord

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on October 15, 2019, 05:28:43 PM
So I went ahead and watched this movie, something about killer robots of the Splits pursuing families through a darkened sound stage resulting in death and dismemberment galore.
I would've been better off watching a tape of the original episodes instead but what the hell, the concept was just screwy enough to look into. Did anyone else here see it?

I started watching it, but it didn't hold my interest. I may try again, later.

marsattacks666

As of now, my Wife and I are watching the movie now.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on October 15, 2019, 05:28:43 PM
Did anyone else here see it?

Yep, I reviewed it in the "Last Monster/Horror/Sci-Fi Movie/Show You Watched", it was alright for a one time watch.

marsattacks666

The movie is fun, predictable, gory, blah....blah....blah.

KelG1

I encountered one of the Banana Splits on craigslist. Bingo I think.
I learned he also wrote the first screenplay for the Howling before John Sayles did his version.

Mord

Quote from: marsattacks666 on October 16, 2019, 01:21:14 AM
The movie is fun, predictable, gory, blah....blah....blah.

I'll give it another try. You and the wife should check out "Crawl" (just came out).

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mord on October 16, 2019, 04:18:43 PM
I'll give it another try. You and the wife should check out "Crawl" (just came out).

By your recommendation, Mord. We watched CRAWL, and love's it. Awesome!
The Banana Splits' film......not so much. However. I will watch the movie again. There were some cool moments.