Collecting Monsters > Monster Kits

By Request

(1/2) > >>

Jim Bertges:
Here are some of my past builds whose images were obliterated by PhotoBucket. These are a somewhat humorous take on life as a Monster Kid, a Monstrous rock band and what the Wolf Man should really be riding. These are all original pieces made with heavily altered kits. I hope you enjoy them again.

Mike Scott:
I love the model kit builder/painter! It's a hell of a diorama! So much detail!

marsattacks666:
Awesome!

Hepcat:

--- Quote from: Mike Scott on May 25, 2019, 05:36:13 PM ---I love the model kit builder/painter! It's a hell of a diorama! So much detail!
--- End quote ---

The very concept/idea behind each of these scratch builds is fabulous above and beyond their execution!

--- Quote from: Jim Bertges ---Here are some of my past builds whose images were obliterated by PhotoBucket. These are a somewhat humorous take on life as a Monster Kid....
--- End quote ---

But speaking of execution:

1. It looks to me as if actual flicker rings were used for the eyes of the young fellow watching TV. Am I correct? But is that Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine in the boy's hands made of actual paper? Did you scan an actual copy of Famous Monsters, reduce the images in size and then print the images?

2. Where/how did you get the dog?

3. The little kid building the model started out as the Hawk Frantic Banana, did he not? But how did you reproduce scale models of the Aurora kits that the kid has already assembled? And how difficult was it to get those empty model boxes? The white ones look as if they're supposed to be Hawk Silly Surfers. Did you scan each side of actual model boxes, reduce the images in size, print them and then glue the printed images to little pieces of cardboard you had cut and folded to scale?

???

LundyAfterMidnight:
I love these, especially the rock band! Thanks for sharing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version