More Funko Universal Monsters Mystery Minis

Started by Mike Scott, May 17, 2019, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 17, 2019, 08:49:24 PM
If I were collecting the black and whites of these I would take you up on it. However, I did the color versions, and I don't do variants. Ever. I didn't even buy the color variations of Frank, Drac and Invisible Man. my set consists of  9 characters.

What if they are the same price and you like the "variant" better than the regular issue?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

I pick one and stick to it. For instance, I decided I would get the Mezco 1:12 Frankenstein. I didn't buy the black and white. I was gonna stick with color.  I just don't do variants as a general rule of thumb. Keeps me from going completely broke instead of just moderately broke. The only thing I might actually break this collecting rule on would be Psycho. Yet no worries there...because no one makes anything for that film with any regularity of release :angel: :laugh:

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 17, 2019, 09:16:12 PM
I pick one and stick to it. For instance, I decided I would get the Mezco 1:12 Frankenstein. I didn't buy the black and white. I was gonna stick with color.  I just don't do variants as a general rule of thumb. Keeps me from going completely broke instead of just moderately broke. The only thing I might actually break this collecting rule on would be Psycho. Yet no worries there...because no one makes anything for that film with any regularity of release :angel: :laugh:.

Anton. Did you like or collect the McFarlane Maniacs, Psycho/Norman figure?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 17, 2019, 09:23:56 PM
Anton. Did you like or collect the McFarlane Maniacs, Psycho/Norman figure?

Yes, I have that figure. I was hoping for a Mrs. Bates in chair. Alas, she never materialized.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 17, 2019, 09:35:21 PM
Yes, I have that figure. I was hoping for a Mrs. Bates in chair. Alas, she never materialized.

Is there any option to retool another Norman figure and make a Mrs.Bates?
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Quote from: marsattacks666 on September 17, 2019, 10:43:14 PM
Is there any option to retool another Norman figure and make a Mrs.Bates?

I suppose it could be done if someone were creative enough. Using Norman's torso, which oddly enough was given boobies.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 17, 2019, 09:16:12 PM
I pick one and stick to it. For instance, I decided I would get the Mezco 1:12 Frankenstein. I didn't buy the black and white. I was gonna stick with color.  I just don't do variants as a general rule of thumb.

I thought Mezco sold the color one as the "variant"? I got both, but found the b&w one to be better painted. Though, if you only collect color, it makes sense.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on September 18, 2019, 12:31:02 AM
I thought Mezco sold the color one as the "variant"? I got both, but found the b&w one to be better painted. Though, if you only collect color, it makes sense.

What I mean by "no variant buying" is I go one type. All color or all whatever....no buying multiples b/c of paint variantions.  I ain't buying a Gogos painted version, a glow in the dark version, a black light version, a version that sings "how much is the doggy in the window" or anything like that. One and done. I picked color for the Mezco 1:12. Not that that one mattered,lol.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 18, 2019, 02:36:16 AM
What I mean by "no variant buying" is I go one type. All color or all whatever....no buying multiples b/c of paint variantions.  I ain't buying a Gogos painted version, a glow in the dark version, a black light version, a version that sings "how much is the doggy in the window" or anything like that. One and done. I picked color for the Mezco 1:12. Not that that one mattered,lol.

There's a "how much is that doggy in the window" version? Dang, I missed out again.

Gojirafan

Just started collecting the mystery mini universal monsters b/w Walgreens exclusives. $5.99 a box here by me which a much more reasonable that what I hear other places are selling them for. I struggle to not be a completionist. So far I have 8 out of the 12 but I would be happy to at least get an invisible man and mole man to have all the monsters represented.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

favoritemonsters

Don't know if this has been posted before but you can go on the Walgreens site and find these and it will do a search for inventory in your area.

TheMadScientist

Quote from: favoritemonsters on September 22, 2019, 05:31:40 AM
Don't know if this has been posted before but you can go on the Walgreens site and find these and it will do a search for inventory in your area.

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion. Just realized you can do the same thing at Barnes and Noble for the color Monsters mystery minis, in case anyone is looking for those. Might roll the dice and buy a few more to see if I can get a Phantom or clear Invisible Man. I'd like to get the full set, and only need four more (those plus Mole Man and Frankenstein with flower).

Dr. Acula

Quote from: Subatomic_Matt on September 14, 2019, 02:42:15 PM

In sorta small vein, has anybody been picking up the Ad Icons Mystery Mini's?
Frankenberry, Count Chocula, Boo Berry, Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy all appear. I've only seen them on social media but I really hope to find them.

I picked up a Count Chocula and Frankenberry off eBay for a reasonable price and am happy with them. I may eventually try for the others, though Booberry is way too expensive on eBay right now. Meanwhile, I have branched out to the Ghostbusters, Lord of the Rings, and Justice League series', as well!

fearliath

Quote from: Dr. Acula on September 22, 2019, 07:05:57 PM
I picked up a Count Chocula and Frankenberry off eBay for a reasonable price and am happy with them. I may eventually try for the others, though Booberry is way too expensive on eBay right now. Meanwhile, I have branched out to the Ghostbusters, Lord of the Rings, and Justice League series', as well!

They hooked you like any good crack dealer would. I've seen it before countless times. You buy a single Funko item and the next thing you know you're snorting mystery mini box shavings off a toilet seat at San Diego Comic Con. I've never seen someone successfully overcome it even with extensive rehab. My condolences.

Lazarus

I have some spares for some stuff if anyone was looking for anything and didn;t want to hunt.  Plenty of Dracula, Wolf Men, and Mummies.  I have a spare Bride also, but I'm probably going to put her on Ebay with my Brother's Frank with the Flower to try and accrue funs to get him a Fruit Brute for his Cereal Monster collection.