CLASSIC HORROR / SCI-FI MOVIES - I Hope To See On BLU-Ray Next - And Why

Started by Monsters For Sale, May 13, 2019, 05:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monsters For Sale

Scream Factory, Kino Lorber and others are re-issuing many of our favorites on Blu-Ray with improved image and sound - and extras like commentaries and interviews.

I was thinking about movies I would like to see given the royal treatment next...

I have two films I would like to see done up right:

The Day of the Triffids, 1963 - High time we got a fully restored version of this movie.  Somehing with a rock solid image and tweaked color.

I Married a Monster From Outer Space, 1958 - We have a decent print on DVD, but with one glaring problem.  Much of the movie was shot "day for night" but copied from an original element and issued just as shot, without compensating for the intended final image.  Result:  We have the heroine wandering around in her pajamas/dressing robe in what looks just like what it was, broad daylight.  VERY distracting.  It should be an easy fix for anyone doing a BLU-Ray edition.

What movies are on YOUR wish list for BLU-Ray restorations?

ADAM

marsattacks666

I like to see bluray releases of AIP films.
Blood of Dracula-1957
Attack of the 50 Foot Woman-1958
War of the Colossal Beast-1958
How to Make a Monster-1958

As it stands, these four films were released in the mid to late 2000s on DVD. A cleaned-up print on bluray would be grand.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

Olive Films released Republic's "The Vampire's Ghost" on BD in 2017. I'd like to see any, or all of the rest of Republic's horror movies released. They haven't even been on DVD. Maybe not even on VHS?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 13, 2019, 06:42:27 PM
Olive Films released Republic's "The Vampire's Ghost" on BD in 2017. I'd like to see any, or all of the rest of Republic's horror movies released. They haven't even been on DVD. Maybe not even on VHS?

Indeed.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Memphremagog

The 1931 Fredric March version of DR.JEKYLL & MR.HYDE..complete with new extras and remastering because it's long overdue for such a classic.

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

LugosiFan25

I think it is insanity that there isn't a special edition version of Freaks (1932) available. Is everyone just too scared to touch it?
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on May 17, 2019, 06:25:46 PM
I think it is insanity that there isn't a special edition version of Freaks (1932) available.

WB released a special edition DVD in 2005. It has a commentary by David Skal and several other special features.
CREATURE FAN

Mike...In 3-D!

"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

LugosiFan25

Quote from: Mike Scott on May 17, 2019, 06:43:01 PM
WB released a special edition DVD in 2005. It has a commentary by David Skal and several other special features.

Thank you - I had no idea! Out of print I'm assuming?
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: LugosiFan25 on May 20, 2019, 06:43:42 PM
Thank you - I had no idea! Out of print I'm assuming?

But not too hard to find, if you don't mind paying up a little. Amazon has 1 copy for $30. Ebay has a few, but watch out for all the DVD-R fakes and foreign copies (not R1).
CREATURE FAN