Classic cemetery scenes

Started by Memphremagog, May 11, 2019, 07:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

......DO YOU WANNA PARTY?! IT'S PARTY TIME!!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

Memphremagog

In MURDER BY THE CLOCK(1931), a great deal of the film spends time in the cemetery and underground crypt..

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

Memphremagog

More Universal visits to the graveyard...

Mystery Of Edwin Drood(1935)

Claude Rains has Forrester Harvey give him a tour of the tombs so he can dispose of his nephew(David Manners) later..

The Wolf Man(1941)

The Wolf Man claims his first ever victim in the form of gravedigger Richardson in the local cemetery..

DARK SHADOWS:

David Collins: "Dead people dont just get up and walk around.."

Sarah Collins: "Sometimes they do."

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

LugosiFan25

Can't forget the Cemetery and Mausoleum at Collinwood. Half the show takes place there!

"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

ChristineBCW

We were watching HAROLD AND MAUDE and I was giggling at their various graveyard scenes... the saddest is, of course, as Harold's driving away from the hospital, window down, soaring past a long graveyard with Cat Stevens' TROUBLE picking up speed.  Not a horror film but poignant. 

And that final scene in SAVING PRIVATE RYAN where the clueless wifey doesn't understand why her D=Day Vet husband would be emotionally impacted by the thousands of headstones - or one in particular - in the Normany graveyards.

RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE's "unearthing" and the hapless caretakers' wrong assumption about 'shrapnel' damage to a corpse... I'll vote that as my favorite graveyard scene.

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I've always loved the cemetery opening scene of "Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives" where Jason is resurrected as the living dead by a bolt of lightning. I'm nearly 100% sure it was greatly inspired by the opening scene of "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man."

Mord

There are a few nice cemetery scenes in Joe Dante's "Burying the Ex" (2014). I really love the scene where the late girlfriend claws herself out of her grave and makes her way back to her boyfriend. She insists on having sex, even though she is a rotting corpse. You also get a glimpse of Johnny Ramone's statue at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on May 13, 2019, 04:07:15 PM
There are a few nice cemetery scenes in Joe Dante's "Burying the Ex" (2014). I really love the scene where the late girlfriend claws herself out of her grave and makes her way back to her boyfriend. She insists on having sex, even though she is a rotting corpse. You also get a glimpse of Johnny Ramone's statute at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

Funny movie!  I gotta watch that again soon.
ADAM

Wolfman

While not a movie, the pilot episode of Night Gallery, appropriately titled "The Cemetery".

JP

marsattacks666

Quote from: Radioactive Rod Whitenack on May 13, 2019, 04:00:41 PM
I've always loved the cemetery opening scene of "Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives" where Jason is resurrected as the living dead by a bolt of lightning. I'm nearly 100% sure it was greatly inspired by the opening scene of "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man."

Definitely a great scene.

geezer butler

Some great cemetery scenes with Hammer. Kiss of the Vampire, Plague of the Zombies, and the Vampire Lovers off the top my head.

Monsters For Sale

Brief, but memorable:

The final shock scene in Carrie.  The ends of horror films would never be the same - or, they'd ALL be the same.
ADAM