Mego 8" Horror Figures - Wave 6

Started by Monsters For Sale, May 05, 2019, 07:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mord

Quote from: the_horror_man on May 08, 2019, 07:07:37 PM

What is different about the Freddy figure? These are variants and I don't really see the difference with this Freddy, from the last Mego Freddy release.

thm
Are those 3 stripes in the front of the pant legs? Were they there before? Maybe it's lederhosen.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Mord on May 08, 2019, 07:24:49 PM
Are those 3 stripes in the front of the pant legs? Were they there before? Maybe it's lederhosen.

Didn't even notice them. Not sure why Freddy would be wearing striped pants.

thm

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: the_horror_man on May 08, 2019, 07:07:37 PM
I kind of like chia pet werewolf.  ;D I also like the glow in the dark Nosferatu.

What is different about the Freddy figure? These are variants and I don't really see the difference with this Freddy, from the last Mego Freddy release.

thm
The glove on Wave 5 Freddy was green & brown, while Wave 6 Freddy is all brown...worth dropping another $15, right?!  Same goes for the 3 Wave 6 Star Trek figures, which are exactly identical to previous releases of Kirk & Spock with the exception of little, cheap 5-cent colored cotton balls that are supposed to be Tribbles.  Gorn now has glow in the dark paint features on part of his head.  Between Romulan Magician Dracula, Invisible Al Bundy, and these Star Trek figures, I don't know what is worse...oy vey!

the_horror_man

Quote from: Joseph_Baeza on May 08, 2019, 10:22:48 PM
The glove on Wave 5 Freddy was green & brown, while Wave 6 Freddy is all brown...worth dropping another $15, right?!  Same goes for the 3 Wave 6 Star Trek figures, which are exactly identical to previous releases of Kirk & Spock with the exception of little, cheap 5-cent colored cotton balls that are supposed to be Tribbles.  Gorn now has glow in the dark paint features on part of his head.  Between Romulan Magician Dracula, Invisible Al Bundy, and these Star Trek figures, I don't know what is worse...oy vey!

Well, I guess as long as these figures stay in the $15 range, we can't complain too much.

thm

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

SpeedierThantheGrave

Question -

(Sorry, late to the Mego party, and I've been off the monster radar since Chirstmas)

How many Mego Monsters are we up to? I got the Target Bela, Frank, and Wolfman from the physical store, and thought I was done.  Then last month at a toyshow there was a Mego rep with all these new summer ones, like shirtless GID Frank, and I realized I'm behind on these.

Obviously a few figures are going to be easy passes, but what is there? Google wasn't much help.  And were each of the Target Monsters one wave? (Three waves total?)

Wave 1 - Target Bela Drac
Wave 2 - Target Frank
Wave 3 - Target Wolfman
Wave 4 - Nosferatu (Count Orlok)
              Freddy Krueger
              The Invisible Man
              Bela Lugosi Dracula (Red Cape)
              Frankenstein’s Monster (Glow version)
              Screaming Werewolf (Blue shirt)

Wave 5 - What was wave 5???

Wave 6 - Werewolf (Flocked)
              Frankenstein (shirtless)
              New Dracula
              Freddy Krueger Different Version.
              Glow in the Dark Nosferatu with Black Coat.

Someone please relieve me of my ignorance, I'm unaware if there's other variants I've left out.
Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

marsattacks666

Quote from: SpeedierThantheGrave on July 03, 2019, 09:37:38 PM
Question -

(Sorry, late to the Mego party, and I've been off the monster radar since Chirstmas)

How many Mego Monsters are we up to? I got the Target Bela, Frank, and Wolfman from the physical store, and thought I was done.  Then last month at a toyshow there was a Mego rep with all these new summer ones, like shirtless GID Frank, and I realized I'm behind on these.

Obviously a few figures are going to be easy passes, but what is there? Google wasn't much help.  And were each of the Target Monsters one wave? (Three waves total?)

Wave 1 - Target Bela Drac
Wave 2 - Target Frank
Wave 3 - Target Wolfman
Wave 4 - Nosferatu (Count Orlok)
              Freddy Krueger
              The Invisible Man
              Bela Lugosi Dracula (Red Cape)
              Frankenstein's Monster (Glow version)
              Screaming Werewolf (Blue shirt)

Wave 5 - What was wave 5???

Wave 6 - Werewolf (Flocked)
              Frankenstein (shirtless)
              New Dracula
              Freddy Krueger Different Version.
              Glow in the Dark Nosferatu with Black Coat.

Someone please relieve me of my ignorace, I'm unaware if there's other variants I've left out.

Welcome back!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

SpeedierThantheGrave

Stay sick. Turn blue. Drop dead.

Earth 2 Chris

Mord

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on July 11, 2019, 06:01:29 PM
Not horrible, for a generic.

You're being kind.

I guess it does look like it's been dead for a couple thousand years.
ADAM

Anton Phibes

I can tell you with an almost certainty that someone will make a Lon Chaney Kharis head and sell it as a resin raw on the clubhouse to make this a proper Universal Kharis. I can feel it in my bones. Love the wrapping and hands.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 11, 2019, 06:09:01 PM
You're being kind.

What's wrong with it, for a generic toy?  :'( :-X :-\

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 11, 2019, 06:09:01 PM
You're being kind.

Really? I didn't say I would buy it. If I say ANYTHING negative, I get slammed by some sensitive Nancy-boy. Though, I honestly thought it would be far more dreadful (like bare-chested, macho Frankenstein or magician Dracula).

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mord on July 11, 2019, 06:26:30 PM
...If I say ANYTHING negative, I get slammed by some sensitive Nancy-boy. ... 

I think it looks like a cheap foreign (don't kill me for saying Mexican) knock-off.  The kind of thing produced for a sadly poor domestic market.   (I love many of my cheap, foreign knock-off Frankenstein statues, etc.)

I wouldn't have used the term "Nancy-boy".  That'll get you jumped on.

I just wanted to see how long it would take one of the industry toadies to spring to its defense.  Now I'll get jumped on.
ADAM