The Silicone Creatures of Immortal Masks!

Started by Gillfan, April 25, 2019, 10:32:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Masksalot

To call their masks "state-of-the-art" is putting it mildly. What I'd like to know is who the heck is buying them? They cost hundreds of dollars each and seem too fragile for use in haunts.
Has anyone here ever worn a silicone mask? Are they more durable and comfortable than latex?

Gillfan

Silicone masks, depending on the maker, can be VERY durable. The look is amazing. My only nit is that heat REALLY builds up. You must MUST plan breathers to take off the mask and cool down every half hour or so. That said, there are many types of silicone and artists of widely varying skill. I'm sure there are others on these boards with far more skill that can give better info.

The Batman

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on April 25, 2019, 06:49:11 PM
To call their masks "state-of-the-art" is putting it mildly. What I'd like to know is who the heck is buying them? They cost hundreds of dollars each and seem too fragile for use in haunts.
Has anyone here ever worn a silicone mask? Are they more durable and comfortable than latex?

I found the company name after horror movie credits rolled onscreen. Their masks have been used in quite a few horror movies. A few wealthy friends purchased their masks. One friend fooled several friends and I with the realistic old man mask for hours one day. We did not know it was him until the following day.