Author Topic: Telco Mummy Motionette  (Read 488 times)

Akmodan1138

• New Recruit
Re: Telco Mummy Motionette
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 07:23:42 PM »
I never noticed those things had a body printed on the sheet thing; cool.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 08:36:33 PM »
One just sold on eBay for $800.

Wow!

(For anyone.) How come the 17" Mummy and Bride are so rare and the Creature can be found on eBay almost any day you look?
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

• Corporal
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 08:56:02 PM »
Wow!

(For anyone.) How come the 17" Mummy and Bride are so rare and the Creature can be found on eBay almost any day you look?

Because the first four figures were released for a year (or maybe two) before they added the Mummy and the Bride; and then only in very limited numbers. A friend of mine who owned a comic shop at the time, tried to order them for me directly from Telco the following year, and the person he talked with didn't even have a record of them actually being produced!
When times are dark, donít consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Akmodan1138

• New Recruit
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 09:06:52 PM »
Yeah; Mummy and Bride were the last two made; much smaller quantities. Why is anyone's guess; but you'll hear lots of stuff: poor retail support, "factory complications", even claims of complaints from religious groups.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 09:41:22 PM »
Oh, I was thinking the Creature was released at the same time as the Bride and Mummy.
CREATURE FAN

Akmodan1138

• New Recruit
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2019, 08:25:16 AM »
I think the Creature was released in the first series/wave as he is featured on the box along with Dracula, Frankenstein and the Wolfman; whereas the Mummy and Bride didn't appear on the boxes until series/wave two. Though a part of series one, the Creature is much more rare than Draculs, Frankenstein and Wolfman; all three of which are pretty common.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2019, 09:54:47 AM »
Though a part of series one, the Creature is much more rare than Dracula, Frankenstein and Wolfman; all three of which are pretty common.

That's why I thought the Creature went with the other two rare ones.  :)
CREATURE FAN

Akmodan1138

• New Recruit
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2019, 08:38:46 PM »
Just when I thought I'd need Indiana Jones, Laura Croft and Josh Gates; I've finally secured a nice, working Telco Mummy with a good box; all thanks to a fellow member of this fine forum. Once again; thank you, my friend!