Author Topic: 2019 Mego Monsters unboxing video  (Read 469 times)

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
    • The Gallery of Monster Toys
2019 Mego Monsters unboxing video
« on: March 15, 2019, 02:10:36 AM »
Raymond Castile

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: 2019 Mego Monsters unboxing video
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 12:14:14 PM »
Loved the video. I think I'll stick with Orlok and Dracula, for now. The others are appealing on a certain level. I do agree with your pronunciation of NECA ( long E for me, too). Thanks for taking the time to make the informative video.

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 04:25:53 PM »
I'm finally up to speed with all of your vids Raymond so thank you for posting these up, they've been very entertaining and great to see the amazing items you have. I would love some more of those Thriller Graveyard Gang figures you have as I only own a loose werewolf but it was nice to see the full range.

One thing I was wondering as you're clearly a big Big Foot fan is if you plan to see Missing Link, the new Stop Motion animated movie that's due out in April? I spent 2 years animating the main star from the film and I'd love to hear you thoughts on it (there's even Nessie in its so what's not to like!).

This unboxing video was a great edition to your other videos and you have made me now want to pick up this new werewolf version to accompany the original version. I'm from the Uk so getting hold of the first 3 waves ended up being quite the mission but I did get a few from wave 4 ordered through a US friend to make things simpler this time around. The werewolf wasn't one I put aside though so now it's another for me to chase down!!!

Looking forward to seeing some more from you and your collection so get well soon.

Ian

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 11:56:56 PM »
Palifan, I've heard of this Missing Link movie, but I don't know a lot about it. If it's a Bigfoot movie, then I should see it. Especially if someone I know animated the main character! I'm glad that there is enough interest in Bigfoot for a movie like this to get made. I hope it does very well!
Raymond Castile

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 04:48:44 AM »
Palifan, I've heard of this Missing Link movie, but I don't know a lot about it. If it's a Bigfoot movie, then I should see it. Especially if someone I know animated the main character! I'm glad that there is enough interest in Bigfoot for a movie like this to get made. I hope it does very well!

So do I as it's amazing how much effort goes into something like this from everyone involved, it's a shame to think that it might just arrive and then disappear so quickly but I guess that's just the way things are sometimes.

Hopefully you will get to see it and have some fun watching it and that it will inspire more to make things like this to keep Bigfoot's name alive!

Ian

raycastile

• Sergeant Major
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 09:35:25 PM »
I'm from the Uk so getting hold of the first 3 waves ended up being quite the mission but I did get a few from wave 4 ordered through a US friend to make things simpler this time around. The werewolf wasn't one I put aside though so now it's another for me to chase down!!!

BTW, I'm obviously from the US, with multiple Target stores within driving distance of my house, and I still found it almost impossibly difficult to obtain the Frankenstein and Werewolf. I found Dracula at the store in the early weeks of the rollout. But I never saw a Frank or Werewolf in a brick and mortar store. I had to order one from the Target website and the other from an ebay seller. It really spoiled the fun of it. I wanted to walk into a store and see them hanging there as if it were the 1970s. Nope.
Raymond Castile

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 03:04:49 AM »

BTW, I'm obviously from the US, with multiple Target stores within driving distance of my house, and I still found it almost impossibly difficult to obtain the Frankenstein and Werewolf. I found Dracula at the store in the early weeks of the rollout. But I never saw a Frank or Werewolf in a brick and mortar store. I had to order one from the Target website and the other from an ebay seller. It really spoiled the fun of it. I wanted to walk into a store and see them hanging there as if it were the 1970s. Nope.

I've heard from a few other members here that they had a similar problem with finding these 2 figures in particular and it does make you wonder why this happened. It was almost like Mego had planned this to happen this way but then Marty was saying not to buy these figures on the secondary market as they would make it to retail.

It all seemed very odd to me (and that's not even mentioning the other Mego figures that were released in these 3 waves, what were they thinking with some of their choices?!), and I can see why it took the whole excitement for you out of Mego returning after all of these years. At least I did get all 3 in the end which is the main thing I guess (I'm not going to tell you though how much money the Werewolf cost me in the end as it's far too painful to think about any more!). Wave 4 has been much easier to get hold of as they're not Target exclusives any more and hopefully there will be more to come. I can only hope though that these will get released in the Uk at some point as it would be nice to think of them hanging from the pegs here once again. My Mego fist fighter Spiderman and Dr Who were some of my most favorite toys I had growing up (even though they were packaged under the Palitoy and Denys Fisher companies).

Ian