Author Topic: Did James Bama paint the cover art for the 1965 Bantam KING KONG Paperback?  (Read 138 times)

James Burrell

• Private First Class
Hi All,

It's been a very long time since I've posted here. Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm currently working on a project, and I am hoping that someone who is knowledgeable about artist James Bama will be able to please tell me whether he had painted the cover for the King Kong paperback novel that was published in 1965 by Bantam Books. The cover is predominantly brown, with an illustration of Kong and Fay Wray and the title in yellow-orange coloured words, and the blurb "Never before in paperback! The all-time king of the monsters" appearing at the top of the cover. If anyone can please confirm that he did the artwork and could let me know, I would be most grateful.

Additionally, I am also trying to locate the names of other artists who painted or designed covers for other (preferably vintage) paperback horror film and TV-show novelizations. If anyone knows of any, and could please let me know, that would be fantastic, and very much appreciated. PMs are also welcome, if you'd rather not post publicly.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

-James
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 10:08:59 PM by James Burrell »

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Hi All,

It's been a very long time since I've posted here. Hope all is well with everyone.

I'm currently working on a project, and I am hoping that someone who is knowledgeable about artist James Bama will be able to please tell me whether he had painted the cover for the King Kong paperback novel that was published in 1965 by Bantam Books. The cover is predominantly brown, with an illustration of Kong and Fay Wray and the title in yellow-orange coloured words, and the blurb "Never before in paperback! The all-time king of the monsters" appearing at the top of the cover. If anyone can please confirm that he did the artwork and could let me know, I would be most grateful.

Additionally, I am also trying to locate the names of other artists who painted or designed covers for other (preferably vintage) paperback horror film and TV-show novelizations. If anyone knows of any, and could please let me know, that would be fantastic, and very much appreciated. PMs are also welcome, if you'd rather not post publicly.

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!

-James

Hello, James! Welcome back to the UMA. This is a great forum. I am sure someone will provide an answer.
James Bama is such a fantastic artist.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Yep, Bama.

Swiped for a Doc Savage cover, with Doc added.

CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

• Sergeant
PMs are also welcome, if you'd rather not post publicly.

Huh?! I absolutely wouldn't be able to understand the thinking of any member who would be reluctant to share info with his fellow posters.

???

Collecting! It's what I do!

James Burrell

• Private First Class
Yep, Bama.

Swiped for a Doc Savage cover, with Doc added.

Hi Mike!

Thank you so much for confirming this, I really appreciate it! And thank you for attaching the photos.

It's beautiful artwork, and very fitting that James Bama painted this!

Thanks again!

-James

James Burrell

• Private First Class
Huh?! I absolutely wouldn't be able to understand the thinking of any member who would be reluctant to share info with his fellow posters.

???

Hi Hepcat!

Thanks for the reply.

I've actually had a handful of instances where contributors wished to communicate through PM, and not on the boards. It was a while back and I can't recall if it was here at UMA or somewhere else. Perhaps they were shy and wanted to stay out of the limelight! :)

Take care, have a great night!

-James
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 07:25:27 AM by James Burrell »

Hepcat

• Sergeant
You might want to check out this thread as well:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=17721.0

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

James Burrell

• Private First Class
You might want to check out this thread as well:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=17721.0

8)

Thanks so much for the link, Hepcat! I really appreciate it.

-James