Remco Toys

Started by marsattacks666, March 08, 2019, 11:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Very impressive history of classic toy production.  Imcluding of course our much beloved Hamilton's Invaders and all the cool Monkey Division Jungle Warfare stuff!

8)

Collecting! It's what I do!

Hepcat

This Dick Tracy Wrist Radio was a drool worthy item to a kid in 1956 and is still a drool worthy item to Dick Tracy fans of any age!

8)

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Hepcat

Bigbud has some awesome and amazing Remco items:

Quote from: bigbud on April 19, 2014, 02:13:24 PMHere is some serious firepower! This is the 1961 Remco B 52 Ball Turret. Runs on 4 D batteries. I do believe this is the first time it has been out of the box. 53 years before seeing daylight...that's nuts! Very detailed toy. Has lots of dials and pointers...the twin machine gun barrels swivel.....red belt of bullets feels through the gun as you press the trigger....has oxygen and communication masks....does everything but fly!

8)

marsattacks666

Hepcat

Wow! Just finding pictures of all those toys from the fifties to the seventies in that type of great condition is amazing in and of itself! I wish I had many/most of them.

:)

Mike Scott

I didn't know B-52s had turret guns?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

Tail gun turrets lasted in B-52s until 1992:

Last Tail Gunner Retires - TheDrive

I miss them dearly. Just as every freight train should have a caboose, every bomber should have a tail gunner.

:-[

Mike Scott

Quote from: Hepcat on July 08, 2019, 01:54:08 PM
Tail gun turrets lasted in B-52s until 1992:

Guess I never saw one from the back.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

marsattacks666

Hepcat

Here are pictures of the gorgeous Remco Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Seaview Submarine Set that Hake's auctioned off in March 2016:

cl:)

Hepcat

Quote from: Hepcat on June 25, 2019, 02:21:56 PMBigbud has some awesome and amazing Remco items:

Sadly Photobucket has conspired to obscure the photos of Bigbud's B-52 Ball Turret Gun that Remco released in 1961. Here are some additional pictures of this fabulous Remco Gun I just lifted off the net:

:)

Hepcat

Here's a great pic of the Remco Bulldog Army Tank from 1965:

8)