Witchfinder General

Started by The Batman, February 13, 2019, 07:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Batman

'Read an article about older cult movies & noted I've not watched 'Witchfinder General" from 1968 which claims be Vincent Price's best performance (which I find hard to believe, so I need to find this movie.

Has anyone here completed this styrene kit?
'Looks to be a great likeness of Vincent Price's head, although some details including the witch's feet should've been more detailed.

marsattacks666

Quote from: The Batman on February 13, 2019, 07:57:38 PM
'Read an article about older cult movies & noted I've not watched 'Witchfinder General" from 1968 which claims be Vincent Price's best performance (which I find hard to believe, so I need to find this movie.

Has anyone here completed this styrene kit?
'Looks to be a great likeness of Vincent Price's head, although some details including the witch's feet should've been more detailed.

That is rad!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Sir Masksalot

I've never owned or built this fine kit but there's no forgetting that movie, also known as "The Conqueror Worm". It's intense!

zombiehorror

Great looking kit and an awesome movie.  It has been said that the director, Michael Reeves, had to reign and restrain Price's performance.  And if I'm remembering correctly Price objected and the two butted heads over it but ultimately Vincent realized that Michael made the right call.

The Batman

Quote from: zombiehorror on February 14, 2019, 02:16:16 AM
Great looking kit and an awesome movie.  It has been said that the director, Michael Reeves, had to reign and restrain Price's performance.  And if I'm remembering correctly Price objected and the two butted heads over it but ultimately Vincent realized that Michael made the right call.

Yes, indeed, and here is a fine article re: how it played out with a bit more detail :

http://www.vaultofthoughts.com/2019/02/09/michael-reeves-vincent-price-the-push-and-pull-of-witchfinder-general/

empty13

kewell model. will try to find that one. / price was great, but he could sure ham it up.

Hepcat

Quote from: The Batman on February 13, 2019, 07:57:38 PMHas anyone here completed this styrene kit?

Batman's question bears re-asking. Has anyone built this kit yet?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

marsattacks666

Love to see the finished product. An unedited and Cancel Culture version. ::)
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

spideydroogy

Hey Everybody,  I found a finished one at the Doctor's Model Mansion!  Looks pretty awesome.  It's a resin kit that was sculpted by Robert Price way back in 2016.

https://www.thedoctorsmodelmansion.com/model-gallery/hammer/witchfinder-general-1968/
"Time flies like and arrow, fruit flies like a banana."
- Groucho Marx

Mike Scott

Quote from: spideydroogy on June 09, 2021, 03:40:28 PM
I found a finished one at the Doctor's Model Mansion! 

Good likeness of Mr. Price!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website