Author Topic: Albert Finney, 82  (Read 80 times)

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
Albert Finney, 82
« on: February 09, 2019, 01:57:00 AM »
It breaks my heart to report the passing of actor Albert Finney. His obit reads that he passed after a "short illness" in a London hospital. "Scrooge" (1970) has been my favorite movie since it's release.

"Thank you very much" for the memories, Mr. Finney!!  :'(
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
Re: Albert Finney, 82
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 07:55:36 AM »
Some of his other genre credits include Wolfen, The Green Man, Looker, & Big Fish. He was also my favorite Hercule Poirot in 1974's Murder On The Orient Express. His last film, I believe, was a role in the James Bond thriller Skyfall.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2019, 08:04:11 AM »
R.I.P. To another Legendary Actor. :(
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 10:31:49 AM »
The Coen Bros' "Millers Crossing" is another favorite film with Albert Finney. He plays the head of the Irish gang(sters).
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2019, 03:24:52 PM »
I'm right there with ya. The 1970 version of Scrooge/A Xmas Carol  is my all time fave X-mas movie and a family tradition for many years. As a side note,the actor that played nephew Fred in reality was around 13 Y.O older
 than  Albert.