Separate Horror selection Mego pre-order.

Started by Palifan, February 03, 2019, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Palifan

I've not seen this new wave of Mego up for sale separately yet (although I'm sure they are somewhere), so thought I'd mention it before the eBay flippers have their day.

Looks like they're all available from MIM to be shipped out on March 1st, just scroll down to the bottom of the page to pick the one you're after  :D

https://www.monstersinmotion.com/cart/z-other-classic-horror-item-list-a-z-c-8_127_220/mego-horror-8-action-figure-set-of-6-figures-frankenstein-freddy-krueger-invisible-man-wolfman-dracula-with-red-cape-and-nosferatu-p-26179

Ian

Dr. Acula

Looks like the Wolfman is already sold out! He's got a different outfit than the original release, too (blue shirt rather than red).

Palifan

Quote from: Dr. Acula on February 04, 2019, 06:44:23 AM
Looks like the Wolfman is already sold out! He's got a different outfit than the original release, too (blue shirt rather than red).

Freddy's gone as well which I was after but I'm thinking there will be plenty of these available at a later date as they're not limited.

Ian

glane21

Anyone know if these will still be 12.99 MSRP at retail or has it bumped up to 14.99 now?

Mord

Quote from: glane21 on February 04, 2019, 01:10:20 PM
Anyone know if these will still be 12.99 MSRP at retail or has it bumped up to 14.99 now?
They've always been $14.99. Target marked them down to $12.99, since the sales were less than spectacular.

Devlin

They're being offered to retailers as cases of 6, or hard cases of all Dracula or all Nosferatu so that will affect their relative scarcity.

the_last_gunslinger

Big Bad Toy Store has them up for pre order. A case for 90.00. The individual figures are 14.99 with the exception of glow in the dark Frankenstein which is 19.99 and Freddy Krueger at 24.99. I pre ordered Freddy and Nosferatu.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Palifan

I managed to get them all from MIM in the end as the Freddy became available again for $19.99. It's a bit off that the companies selling these separately are charging more for the Frank and Freddy, I guess they think they will be the popular ones (especial if solid cases of Dracula and Nosferatu are being sold).

Just happy that a US friend was able to help me out, much easier this time around than those Target exclusives.  ;D

Ian

the_last_gunslinger

Just got a notice in my E-mail from Bigbadtoystore informing me that the MEGO Freddy Krueger figure's price has been lowered from 24.99 to 14.99.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Palifan

Quote from: the_last_gunslinger on March 01, 2019, 12:00:51 AM
Just got a notice in my E-mail from Bigbadtoystore informing me that the MEGO Freddy Krueger figure's price has been lowered from 24.99 to 14.99.

That seems more like it, I've no idea why they were charging more for that figure unless it was short packed.

Ian

John Pertwee

Some places like that sell the heavy hitters like that for more to help cover the cost of the figures that don't sell as fast. It allows them to buy more cases.