Author Topic: Revenge of the Creature 3D Blu-ray replacement disc  (Read 5861 times)

Hastor

• New Recruit
Re: Revenge of the Creature 3D Blu-ray replacement disc
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2019, 07:36:13 PM »
Sorry for the double post. I hadn't actually started watching the movie, just had the disc in and googled to read a little when I found all this replacement stuff, so I turned it off. They're was no mention of them releasing an updated version outside of requested replacements. However, I just tried it for real and the 3D actually works fine.

Did they update the disc, or did my fancy Oppo player just figure out something other players couldn't and put it in 3D mode? I'm not sure I fully understand the issue with that version and whether mine might be affected. Also not 100% sure if any 2D content is different based on comments. Unless I just have a newer disc, I wanna be sure I have the best version of everything.

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2019, 10:51:47 PM »
Sorry for the double post. I hadn't actually started watching the movie, just had the disc in and googled to read a little when I found all this replacement stuff, so I turned it off. They're was no mention of them releasing an updated version outside of requested replacements. However, I just tried it for real and the 3D actually works fine.

Did they update the disc, or did my fancy Oppo player just figure out something other players couldn't and put it in 3D mode? I'm not sure I fully understand the issue with that version and whether mine might be affected. Also not 100% sure if any 2D content is different based on comments. Unless I just have a newer disc, I wanna be sure I have the best version of everything.

According to Mike Scott the new barcode is 1_91329_06554_g.  I just got my set recently (at Vstock) the new barcode was a sticker on the plastic and not on the slipcase itself, but I just found another copy this weekend at a different Vstock that didn't have the new barcode sticker; so I'm not sure if it was corrected or not.  I'm pretty sure that even when people could get the old discs to play in 3D that the picture looked horrible so if your picture looks good....or at the very least you are ok with it....your good either way.

Hastor

• New Recruit
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2019, 11:16:10 PM »
Hmm mine did have a sticker over the barcode on the shrink wrap, under the slip case, but I don't have it anymore to check.

I also got it online from deep discount, and I imagine they move a fair amount of stock and would have a later batch.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 11:25:37 AM »
According to Mike Scott the new barcode is 1_91329_06554_g.

That was on the big 30 movie box, though, not on the Creature set.
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 11:29:58 AM »
Welcome to the UMA, Hastor !

I haven't looked at mine, yet, but the fixed 3D REVENGE is supposed to work fine. The 2D REVENGE picture is said to be a little hazy.
CREATURE FAN

Hastor

• New Recruit
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 12:02:34 PM »
Yeah mine is just the Creature set. I like all the others, but the Creature set appeared to be hard to find, and as a 3D collector (who's trying to get them all while they still exist via import or whatever's needed, I have nearly every 3D release that wasn't directed by Michael Bay), this set was what I wanted and could afford first, and felt I should buy now as a future release likely wouldn't have 3D. I am correct that this is the only Universal Monster set with 3D right?

I'll need to try another player or something to be sure. I have a Panasonic I can dig up. I just want to be sure it will work in the future if both my Oppo players bite the dust lol. I've only tested it on my Oppo 202 UHD player, and it kicked right into 3D mode. I also analyzed the disc with software, and while I'm not an encoding master, the statistics for right eye/left eye bitrates etc. match up with how it reports these for other discs. The original may have as well though, as I don't understand what it was missing that would cause a player to fail to recognize the 3D image. Based on what I originally read, I thought it was simply a side-by-side 1080p picture, which would require using a 3D TV's (or BD player's) 'side-by-side' function, which is used for stuff like 3D on YouTube or other services that only serve 2D. In that case of course, you lose half the horizontal resolution, and get two 960 x 1080 images if using a normal 2D blu-ray picture. Of course, no one wants that on a store-bought disc.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »
I am correct that this is the only Universal Monster set with 3D right?

This is the only set (Creature set, or the 30 movie set) that has REVENGE.

CFTBL was also in 3D on the previous Blu-ray 8 movie set. Also in an individually released disc, at the same time.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 05:15:34 PM by Mike Scott »
CREATURE FAN

Hastor

• New Recruit
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2019, 08:48:14 PM »
But no Universal monster films outside of the two Creature movies were released in 3D, correct? I really need to get the rest as I love these movies, but with 3D disc releases fading away in general and becoming pricey once they go out of print, I'm hoarding what I can while I can. I do have Universal's 'It Came From Outer Space' in 3D, but I'm pretty sure only Creature got 3D among the monsters.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2019, 10:04:27 PM »
I do have Universal's 'It Came From Outer Space' in 3D, but I'm pretty sure only Creature got 3D among the monsters.

That was it, for Universal genre movies.
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »
Which of these '50s titles have been released in 3D Blu-ray? I know some of them have been.

Cat-Women of the Moon
Gog
Gorilla at Large
House of Wax
The Mad Magician
The Maze
Phantom of the Rue Morgue
Robot Monster
CREATURE FAN

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2019, 11:00:56 PM »
Universal Pictures It Came From Outerspace has an excellent 3D Bluray and you can pick it up for $10

Hastor

• New Recruit
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2019, 11:58:42 AM »
Which of these '50s titles have been released in 3D Blu-ray? I know some of them have been.

Cat-Women of the Moon
Gog
Gorilla at Large
House of Wax
The Mad Magician
The Maze
Phantom of the Rue Morgue
Robot Monster

Based on what I've been able to dig up, I have GOG, House of Wax, Mad Magician, and The Maze, from that list, in 3D. If any of the others are I haven't found them but would love to if anyone knows of any releases I missed!