Author Topic: TV Terrors Distinctive Dummies: what do you want to see?  (Read 1325 times)

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
Re: TV Terrors Distinctive Dummies: what do you want to see?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 02:10:43 AM »
I would buy Dark Shadows characters too. Apparently there just aren't enough of us to warrant it, because Specter Toys lost their shirt. They had prototypes ready for Adam, Willie, Josette, and Quentin that never saw production.

Not really sure what happened with Specter.  They'd gone under when they were another company too.  Remember the old Vincent Price 12" figures?  Then they came back as Specter.  The sales seemed good for the MEGO style DS characters, as the figures were sold out pretty much everywhere, especially Barnabas.  The owner of Specter even mentioned that the 12" DS figures sold well.  It was kind of weird that they went away without a word.  If someone could confirm sales were the issue, I'd accept it, but I just can't help but feel there was something else going on there.  Production issues?

1/6thtoyz

• Sergeant
Re: TV Terrors Distinctive Dummies: what do you want to see?
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 09:23:39 PM »
I would buy Dark Shadows characters too. Apparently there just aren't enough of us to warrant it, because Specter Toys lost their shirt. They had prototypes ready for Adam, Willie, Josette, and Quentin that never saw production.
Love to see Dark Shadow figures too.😔