Author Topic: New Mego Nosferatu Figure Coming Soon  (Read 1650 times)

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
Re: New Mego Nosferatu Figure Coming Soon
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 12:50:55 PM »
This whole thing got started because of a comment I made. Namely this:

I think this figure beats DD's,,,,,not that there is a competition or anything, because I will own both. But this thing is gorgeous.

Why did I say it, you ask? Certainly not to argue. But there is a thing called "good, better, best" comparisons that collectors make. DD's Nosferatu has unquestionably been the best Nossy in any form save Sideshow's larger offerings. When a $14.99 figure comes along, that is mass produced, from a company that has missed a lot of marks since getting re-started, and doesn't cost $80..... what is one supposed to compare it to? DD is the only other mego scale out there. DD's figure is great. Yeeeeetttt.....I think the Nossy headsculpt (from the pics) of the Mego looks more like Shreck.

The internet age has ruined anyone being able to have an opinion without immediately being branded and people becoming "polarized". It's stupid. Both figures look great. It's not a competition.

That being said, I haven't bought any megos but Dracula. Nosferatu will be my next one. I think they are extremely hit and miss. Yet I have almost 100 DD figures, and that's after selling a bunch off to pay medical bills. So, when ONE comes along...ONE...that I think is superior (and it may not be, I will let you know when I have them both), it shouldn't start a war, or a hate chant, or any of this other bullcrap that people go on tirades about. Officially discontinuing contributing to this thread. :-X
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 12:59:41 PM »
This whole thing got started because of a comment I made. Namely this:

I think this figure beats DD's,,,,,not that there is a competition or anything, because I will own both. But this thing is gorgeous....

...it shouldn't start a war, or a hate chant, or any of this other bullcrap that people go on tirades about. ...

Oh YEAH?

Well, my dolly can beat up your dolly!
ADAM

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 01:21:58 PM »

Oh YEAH?

You don't seem to be taking this important debate seriously.

Spock

• Sergeant
    • Distinctive Dummies
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 01:24:53 PM »

Oh YEAH?   

If it's the new Marilyn " Call me ma'am" Monroe  then it certainly can  ;)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2019, 01:27:02 PM »
You don't seem to be taking this important debate seriously.

It's a failing of mine.  I take very little seriously.
ADAM

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »
That's it. Im offended. Time to release my secret Peter Vincent Invisible Man  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Don't even know why this conversation is even taking place to be fair. Mego and DD are different kettles of fish. If you want to compare Mego to anyone, compare them to Neca retro figures.

"Invisible Peter Vincent"? Laughed my arse off. Mego has recently produced two exceptional horror figures...that's it. They should not be put on the same level as DD or NECA. NECA actually does exceptional, mass-produced figures. DD makes incredible handmade works of art. Mego is a schlock company that gets it right once in a blue moon.

teemu

• New Recruit
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2019, 02:31:48 PM »
Honestly, Mego's Nosferatu looks like a repainted Gargamel from the Smurfs cartoon.

These new Mego's have been some of the worst likenesses. They either only look like the Actor's stunt double,the females look like Tranny's or they look nothing like the actor at all. But for $12.99, who cares right?

Gillfan

• Sergeant
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2019, 04:00:43 PM »
He does look like Gargamel! That said, I'd wouldn't disparage transexuals by comparing them to certain action figures.