Author Topic: FIVE BELOW shoppers - Credit Card Data Breach Alert!  (Read 155 times)

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
FIVE BELOW shoppers - Credit Card Data Breach Alert!
« on: February 19, 2019, 10:27:32 PM »

Last Halloween the low priced FIVE BELOW stores were mentioned here and a few of us bought items at that time.

During the Christmas shopping season they experienced a data breach for customers entering info between November 13, 2018 and January 11, 2019.

I had made a few Christmas purchases from the during that time and recently has spurious charges made against my card.  Someone tried to make nearly $2000.00 worth of purchases from Ticketmaster over 2 days - January 16 & 17.

Fortunately, my card company tagged the buys as "unusual activity" and contacted me right away - so I will not be held responsible.  But I did have to cancel my card and have another one issued with a different number - something of a pain.

Everyone who bought from FIVE BELOW during the effected period, check your statements for purchases you did not make.

Stay safe.

ADAM

Kidagain

• Sergeant
Re: FIVE BELOW shoppers - Credit Card Data Breach Alert!
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 09:27:53 AM »
Never bought at FIVE BELOW but get their flyers in the papers.Never heard of this breach but thanks for the heads up here for our fellow members who might have.

Mord

• Sergeant
Re: FIVE BELOW shoppers - Credit Card Data Breach Alert!
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 01:10:23 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Adam.