Author Topic: George H.W Bush  (Read 145 times)

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
George H.W Bush
« on: December 02, 2018, 09:15:35 PM »
You may or may not agree on his politics. I know I ripped on his stance on Desert Storm among other issues but I will admit that both he and late wife Barbara were most down to earth and real honest people and he deserves the respect and admiration for that. On top of being a WW2 hero. And these words are coming from a progressive slightly lefty liberal. God Speed George and go see your wife.

Flower

• Sergeant
Re: George H.W Bush
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 05:14:44 PM »
R.I.P. GHWB ... no more broccoli for you ...
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 05:17:29 AM »
I am in awe to see that pretty much all people with the lack of response hated this guy and would not even recognize  his death.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 09:39:18 AM »
I am in awe to see that pretty much all people with the lack of response hated this guy and would not even recognize  his death.

I don't think you can assume that at all. Maybe they just don't want to discuss it on the UMA?
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 12:14:38 PM »
Whenever and however it all began, Communism crumbled, the Soviet empire collapsed and various countries in Eastern Europe regained their independence/freedom during President George H.W. Bush's watch.

I will forever be grateful and feel indebted to President Bush for whatever part he played in these events.

:)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:26:48 PM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 01:22:45 PM »
I would give anything to have George H. W. Bush as President right now. I'm so tired of the whiny, lying coward that's currently residing in the Whitehouse. Too far? Sorry.

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 01:47:10 PM »
George Bush Sr. was a President who tried his best to be fiscally prudent. He kept a tight rein on government spending. He tried to ease the regulatory burden on the American public. He didn't automatically cave to any special interest group to pander for votes. He didn't try to be all things to all people. While he lived by his own ethical standards, he didn't try to legislate morality. He wasn't beholden to the "family values" crowd. He let the American public make its own choices in that regard.

He actually embodied the original meaning of "neo-con", fiscally conservative but liberal when it came to social values. Your life, your choices.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 03:25:56 PM by Hepcat »
Collecting! It's what I do!

Flower

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:51 PM »
I would give anything to have George H. W. Bush as President right now. I'm so tired of the whiny, lying coward that's currently residing in the Whitehouse. Too far? Sorry.

I don't know how anyone could've voted for the "whiny, lying coward" but maybe there was a Zombie Apocalypse at the voting booths.

*Not a political rant. I agree with GHWB about broccoli if nothing else.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 02:55:12 PM »
Maybe some of us recognize his death, but don't want to bring politics in this forum. One of the above posters used this thread to insult the current President, because I guess you can't possibly enjoy classic monsters and horror, without despising the current President. If I want politics, I can always put on CNN or Fox.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

ChristineBCW

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2018, 04:37:30 PM »
"I am in awe"... You bring up a politician and don't expect political references?  Now THAT puts me in awe. 

No one needs to mention Daddy Bush hosting the Bin Laden family for decades, introducing at least one of their sons to American ideals. 

No one needs to mention Daddy Bush using his oil-industry connections to introduce Ollie North to the Ayatollah's money-men who'd arrange to keep Americans held hostage and terrorized for months and months longer. 

Those are some of the accomplishments of Daddy Bush, and I'll add those to his others.