ToTs 1978 Myers getting a licensed mask 2019

Started by Anton Phibes, November 15, 2018, 07:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

Also part 4 and 5 masks forthcoming from them as well....from what I hear.

Kidagain

Really? Just what we need,more Michael Myers masks.Sorry but I just don't see the attraction of these masks,I know that there are collectors out there that have every mask from all the movies but to me basically the look pretty much the same with only minor changes.I don't know why ToTS would imo waste their time doing a mask that has been produced by other company's many times over..

Kidagain

Just a little addition to my post,there are over 2100 Michael Myers masks for sale on ebay right now.So ToTS thinks we need more?

Anton Phibes

They will be big sellers. To say there is no difference between the masks from film to film is like saying their is no difference between Wolfman make ups from film to film. There are. Sorry if the post annoyed you.

Kidagain

Anton,your post didn't annoy me it's just that ToTS already makes 12 thats 12 Michael Myers masks, do you need another.I agree with you that it will probably sell well just like the people that buy new iphones every 6 months a new model comes out.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Kidagain on November 15, 2018, 10:06:47 PM
Anton,your post didn't annoy me it's just that ToTS already makes 12 thats 12 Michael Myers masks, do you need another.I agree with you that it will probably sell well just like the people that buy new iphones every 6 months a new model comes out.

They do make oddles and oodles of Myers. But with Justin Mabry doing the 78 version, it is probably going to get even my attention. Its amazing to me how they can make oodles of varying Mikeys and they get them pretty accurate. but their Blacula looks atrocious,lol. :angel:

Kidagain

Your right,I'm a big ToTS fan but some of their masks look horrible compared to the catalog shots.They need a better quality control system in place if they want to stay a place to go for our mask needs.

the_horror_man

Quote from: Kidagain on November 15, 2018, 09:01:31 PM
Really? Just what we need,more Michael Myers masks.Sorry but I just don't see the attraction of these masks,I know that there are collectors out there that have every mask from all the movies but to me basically the look pretty much the same with only minor changes.I don't know why ToTS would imo waste their time doing a mask that has been produced by other company's many times over..

I understand your frustration. However, the masks from each film look nothing a like. Even in the original Halloween and part 2, although it was the same mask, it looks very different.

One thing I knew was coming, is the flooding of ebay with the TOTS Myers 2018 mask. When TOTS made their first Halloween 2 mask, there was page after page of that mask for sale. It went on for a couple of years and still today. Now, it is the same thing with the 2018 version.

We don't really have an accurate mass produced mask from the original Halloween.  The TOTS Elrod is pretty good and so is the Ben Tramer. Although they are supposed to be from Part 2, they have a decent part 1 likeness. Both masks can be customized to be more accurate as well.

I am very interested to see what this 1978 version will look like.

thm

Doh!

I just hope it's big enough for my fat head -- the 2018 model is not!

I have a few TOTS masks and am overall happy the quality, however the ones with hair can be hit or miss so for this one, I'll have to see it in person before pulling the trigger.

vader45

Quote from: Kidagain on November 15, 2018, 09:01:31 PM

Saying that all of the Myers masks look the same is no different then some other irritated newb ranting about how all Frankenstein Monster masks look the same and there are too many. You would be like wtf.

You're not a fan and that's ok. But there are plenty out there that are and TOTS wouldn't have these licenses if there was no demand.

Kidagain

Don't forget to pick up a new iphone every time it comes out.