Original Addar Models Cornelius

Started by Wolfman66, November 12, 2018, 05:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfman66

Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

marsattacks666

Wow! You do not -MONKEY- around. Looks great!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Wolfman66

Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

marsattacks666

With all the Apes fans, here, the UMA. I am really surprised more have not commented.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

monstrosities

Excellent build up and paint work! Love the detail and finesse in your kits!

Hepcat

When was this kit released? Did Addar release any other kits based on Planet of the Apes?

???
Collecting! It's what I do!

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Hepcat on May 04, 2021, 02:31:39 AM
When was this kit released? Did Addar release any other kits based on Planet of the Apes?

???

The 1970's. They did a whole line of them. The Ape soldier on horseback is the rarest.

Hepcat

Wow! Cool! I've never been the biggest Planet of the Apes fan, but those kits would still tempt me.

:)

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Hepcat on May 04, 2021, 02:52:22 AM
Wow! Cool! I've never been the biggest Planet of the Apes fan, but those kits would still tempt me.

:)

My three favorites of the lot were the 3 inspired from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. Zaius, Ursus, and the Corneilius pcitured in this link. I think they did Caesar, Zira and another gorilla soldier. Possibly Aldo.

Buzzybean

I had all of them except the Soldier on the Horse and the Scene in the Bottle kit. The ones I had as a kid were all tossed but I went back and bought them all again. I love this stuff.

BijouBob8mm

Wolfman, that is a fantastic paint job!

Anton Phibes, I'm envious of that Ape on Horseback kit; it's the only one I never found (at least, not complete or at a reasonable price)!

Hepcat, Addar released these probably around the same time that MPC was giving us the Disney kits (Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion line).  The initial round of kits, as I recall, was Dr. Zaius, Cornelius, and General Ursus.  They then added Zira, Aldo, Caeser and the Ape on Horseback.  (There were also a couple of those Addar "bottle kits" done for Planet of the Apes, too, but I was never a fan of those.)  Four of those kits were reissued in recent years (Cornelius, Zaius, Zira and Ursus), this time with the Aurora name replacing the Addar brand on the box (actually done by Playing Mantis).  A special gift set of all four of those were released as a Toys R Us exclusive.  You can find the reissues and originals still being sold (by second parties) online.

Hepcat

Pity that Addar didn't release models of these two:

Nova

Leeta

:(

BijouBob8mm

LOL  Well, "Leeta" didn't exist back when Addar released their original line of PLANET OF THE APES kits in the Seventies.  As for Nova, Taylor, etc., I wondered about that back then.  Over the years, I've heard that Aurora had disappointing sales of their three cave people kits from the PREHISTORIC SCENES line.  (Which might explain why those kits never got reissued, whereas the dinosaurs have had several re-releases.)  If the cave people kits didn't sell well, that might have made Addar leery of releasing kits that would have been similar in nature hot on the heels of the Aurora line.

I have seen someone use the Prehistoric Scenes kit of  Cro-Magnon Woman in conjunction with one of the Addar Apes kits to make a diorama that came out pretty decent.  Not exactly Nova, but it worked.

Hepcat

Quote from: BijouBob8mm on May 11, 2021, 09:33:18 PMWell, "Leeta" didn't exist back when Addar released their original line of PLANET OF THE APES kits in the Seventies.

Where/when did Leeta originate then?

???

marsattacks666

Quote from: Hepcat on May 11, 2021, 03:29:16 PM
Pity that Addar didn't release models of these two:

Nova

Leeta

:(

Unfortunately.  But Medicom released a 6.5" Nova figure.