Author Topic: I Got My Holy Grail Today !!  (Read 1293 times)

Gojirafan

• Private First Class
I Got My Holy Grail Today !!
« on: November 01, 2018, 01:04:02 PM »
I know this can go in weekly finds BUT a holy grail deserves its own thread imo. Hopefully, this can keep going and all members can get their holy grail finds.

For me....The Mattel Rodan w/ box, instructions and inserts. Not cheap by any means but getting much harder to find no less with all that included. Tough decision to spend that much but I pulled the trigger anyway. I do have a loose one and will decide if I keep that or offer it up in the future. I'll post better pics when in hand. For now, here's a couple of the listing photos.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:22:34 PM by Gojirafan »
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Re: I Got My Holy Grail Today !!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2018, 02:25:52 PM »
Congrats on your dream coming true!  :)
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Hepcat

• Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2018, 02:32:22 PM »
Wild! Congratulations.

8)
Collecting! It's what I do!

Palifan

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 02:44:17 PM »
That's amazing to see compete and in such great shape, I'm sure the price was all worth it so no loss there.

Ian

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 02:56:22 PM »
It's worth big bucks to score a premium piece that will be a standout in your collection, especially one you've wanted from Monster Kidhood. Grails turn up few and far between. Gotta pull that trigger when possible.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 08:12:55 PM »
Congratulations!!!! Actually I'm pretty jealous because that's my holy grail too, but I'm still happy for you. I saw one in excellent shape (not mint, but very good) a couple of yrs ago. The guys was asking $3500 or $4000 something like that. I actually started a thread about "How much are you willing to spend?" Ultimately I decided that was too much lira. Anyhow, can't wait to see the actual pics.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 09:03:52 PM »
Totally, rad!!! Congrats!!!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Gojirafan

• Private First Class
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 10:01:37 PM »
Congratulations!!!! Actually I'm pretty jealous because that's my holy grail too, but I'm still happy for you. I saw one in excellent shape (not mint, but very good) a couple of yrs ago. The guys was asking $3500 or $4000 something like that. I actually started a thread about "How much are you willing to spend?" Ultimately I decided that was too much lira. Anyhow, can't wait to see the actual pics.
I certainly dont mean to rub it in. I know what you mean though. I see online pics and videos and am like what a lucky s.o.b. ...I dont have disposable income like that as a frequent occurrence but had too in this case. If it was the price you saw years ago, I would have to pass as well. Believe it or not. I got it for $1,200. Box has some wear and creasing but displays very well. If this was more common I would be less forgiving for the price.
Wish I had 2 of each toy as a kid....1 to play with and 1 kept mint in the box!!

Monolith

• Sergeant
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 12:16:52 PM »
Congratulations! Nice box! I got a nice Rodan with instructions about ten or so years ago, but I don't have the box. It's a great toy!
I always wished they did some more monsters like maybe a big Mecha Kong or King Ghidorah, too.

Gojirafan

• Private First Class
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2018, 05:03:06 AM »
Congratulations! Nice box! I got a nice Rodan with instructions about ten or so years ago, but I don't have the box. It's a great toy!
I always wished they did some more monsters like maybe a big Mecha Kong or King Ghidorah, too.
Thanks. I wonder as well being Rodan was the 1st with the Worlds Greatest Monsters designation if there was any thought to other releases.

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2018, 10:05:16 PM »
That Rodan would look great with my Mattel Godzilla  ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

John Pertwee

• Sergeant
  • Exiled Time Lord
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2018, 09:28:41 AM »
Never give up on getting a Grail for a good price. I spent 25 years looking for a Tardis Tuner radio from Doctor Who. I wanted it as a kid and could never get the $25 bucks together to buy it. Eventually, when I had the cash, it was gone. I spent years looking for one and kept checking ebay. They would usually sell for $200 - $300. I found one mint in box on ebay for $15 free shipping.

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2018, 10:20:45 AM »
They would usually sell for $200 - $300. I found one mint in box on ebay for $15 free shipping.

CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

John Pertwee

• Sergeant
  • Exiled Time Lord
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 10:41:16 AM »
LOL! That was my reaction as well. I wish I had video of myself rushing to do Buy It Now and frantically typing my password in to complete the transaction.

the_horror_man

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
Congratualtions! I'm a Kaiju guy so I fully understand this. Some of the Kaiju figures are getting huge prices now a days. Even the new ones.

thm