Revenge of the Creature 3D Blu-ray replacement disc

Started by donbrhoden, October 28, 2018, 05:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donbrhoden

Has anybody received their replacement copies yet? USHEConsumerRelations(*at*)visionmediamgmt.com has not answered any of my numerous emails.

LugosiFan25

Still haven't received mine. Was supposed to ship within 4-6 weeks and that amount of time has definitely passed.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

I haven't heard, definitively, that the problem has even been fixed, yet. Has anybody?
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

crissrudd4554

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 29, 2018, 08:51:03 PM
I haven't heard, definitively, that the problem has even been fixed, yet. Has anybody?

According to posts I'm seeing on blu-ray.com and HTF from those who've recently purchased the 30 film set yes and no. The 3D version appears to have been corrected while the 2D version apparently is still soft. Some who have posted also posted images of the UPC which is now a sticker over the previous UPC indicating a new set.

LugosiFan25

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 29, 2018, 09:23:12 PM
According to posts I'm seeing on blu-ray.com and HTF from those who've recently purchased the 30 film set yes and no. The 3D version appears to have been corrected while the 2D version apparently is still soft. Some who have posted also posted images of the UPC which is now a sticker over the previous UPC indicating a new set.

Well, that kinda stinks because I don't have a 3D Player or TV and was really only interested in the fixed 2D Version. Sigh...
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Mike Scott

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on October 29, 2018, 09:23:12 PM
The 3D version appears to have been corrected while the 2D version apparently is still soft.

Doesn't sound very fixed. Think I'm going to hold off a while longer.
CREATURE FAN

Anton Phibes

REVENGE OF THE CREATURE HAS "DETAILS" THAT MAKE A VHS COPY LOOK 4K. I hope I get my replacement disc, because I sold my doggone dvds off so I didn't have piles of the same movies laying around here. Now I have a "blu ray" that looks like crap. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Mord

Does anyone know if the DVD version of "Walks Among Us" (from the 30 movie box) has the same problem?

Anton Phibes

Creature walks among us is fine Mord. Revenge of the Creature is ridiculously hazy.

Mord

Quote from: Anton Phibes on November 05, 2018, 06:37:37 PM
Creature walks among us is fine Mord. Revenge of the Creature is ridiculously hazy.
My mistake. Is it hazy on the DVD version from the 30 movie set?

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on November 05, 2018, 07:48:37 PM
My mistake. Is it hazy on the DVD version from the 30 movie set?

From what the forums reviewers are stating: yes.

crissrudd4554

Quote from: Mord on November 05, 2018, 04:44:43 PM
Does anyone know if the DVD version of "Walks Among Us" (from the 30 movie box) has the same problem?

DVD or BD?? To my knowledge there is nothing wrong with either versions. There was some debate that the film was incorrectly authored on the BD but this seems to be debunked.

Mike Scott

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on November 06, 2018, 03:41:54 AM
DVD or BD?? To my knowledge there is nothing wrong with either versions.

Read on Macduff!
CREATURE FAN

Anton Phibes

Quote from: crissrudd4554 on November 06, 2018, 03:41:54 AM
DVD or BD?? To my knowledge there is nothing wrong with either versions. There was some debate that the film was incorrectly authored on the BD but this seems to be debunked.

Creature Walks Among Us is fine. Revenge of the Creature is ridiculously hazy. It's absurd. Now~  Have you heard anything about Revenge disc replacements being sent out yet? Because I aint heard squat and I want my disc replaced so I can be done. This was my last hurray on these films....upgrading to blu. So I sold off my dvds. Only to discover Revenge is crap quality. So i am somewhat....ticked. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I waited until Amazon briefly had a 50% off sale for the entire collection for $69.99 and pulled the trigger. My set arrived before Halloween and it did indeed have the new barcode sticker over the old one. The first thing I did was insert the "Revenge of the Creature" disc into my blu-ray player and it looks great, so I know the corrected discs are in circulation.