Universal Classic Monsters 30-Film Blu-ray Collection

Started by Gory Glenn, October 22, 2018, 05:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveKrik

Quote from: Gory Glenn on October 23, 2018, 03:45:51 PM
Sale has already ended. If I didn't already have most of these movies on Blu-ray I would have gone for it at that price even if Revenge of the Creature had the issue since Universal is replacing them by mail. I think it's going to be a long time before this set gets that cheap again.

I figured this was going to happen really quickly.  It is WAY too soon for this product to come out at a discount that deep.  I only hope the seller I purchased this from honors that price, and doesn't pull some "can't fulfill order", cancelling the sale.  While I'm assuming this will not happen, I'm just not sure how they were able to offer this at such a low price this early in the sale.  The $69.99 is just too close to the DVD price, and it seems like a pricing mistake. 

DaveKrik

Quote from: horrorhunter on October 23, 2018, 04:46:28 PM
I understand. If I didn't already have the 30 Film DVD Set I would have jumped on this too. I guess I have UniMon movie purchase fatigue at this point. As much as I love these films I hate to keep buying the same product over and over and....

I'll make do with my DVDs till this baby hits a rock bottom price and they get the faulty disc fixed without having to jump through hoops by mail order replacement. After I do buy this BD set I'm done buying these same films and special features. I believe the BDs will be the last form of physical media anyway.

UniMon movie purchase fatique is real!

And if I owned the 30 film DVD set, I would also be very content playing the long-game and waiting for a rock-bottom price.

I've only ever purchased the original Legacy DVD sets with the double sided discs and the Blu-Ray set that came out for the original 7.  After this latest purchase, I have a feeling that my own UniMon fatigue is going to set it.  And regarding your last two sentences: same and agree. :-)

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

DaveKrik

Quote from: Mike Scott on October 23, 2018, 05:38:24 PM
What?! Was it a one day sale, or somethin'?

I'm suspecting that either:

• It was incorrectly priced by a seller, as the DVD set is currently going for $60-70; or
  • The seller who had it up for $69.99 sold out his/her inventory

Are these plausible? Any other theories?

Mike...In 3-D!

For those wondering: The seller was Amazon, not a private seller on Amazon. At least, mine was from Amazon proper. They'll do crazy sales like that from time to time. They'll call them "Deal of the day" or something like that and only last for the day, or until they sell so many that the fulfillment time on them becomes too great. I've gotten a few heavily discounted blu-ray sets through them because of one of their "Deal of the Day" sales.
"Naughty, naughty! Don't touch, Butch knows best."

zombiehorror

Quote from: Gory Glenn on October 23, 2018, 03:45:51 PM
....I would have gone for it at that price even if Revenge of the Creature had the issue since Universal is replacing them by mail.

From what I've read no one has gotten a replacement disc just yet.

crissrudd4554

I'm content with my 30 film DVD set for the time being but if the price drops and I'm assured the issue with Revenge of the Creature has been resolved I may consider this in the future. I don't have a 3D TV and likely never will so I won't be able to enjoy the 3D films but I would like to be assured the 2D Revenge was fixed as well.

BountyHunter

So did they ever fix the problem with the Creature disc? Asking cuz I just ordered this.

YoungestMonsterKid

They'd do well by replacing the 1943 Phantom with Abbott and Costello meet Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
I saw someone say that before. It's still true.

Mord

Quote from: YoungestMonsterKid on December 27, 2019, 07:36:18 PM
They'd do well by replacing the 1943 Phantom with Abbott and Costello meet Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
I saw someone say that before. It's still true.

Since its a bluray, why not include "A&B meet the Killer, Boris Karloff, as well? That 43 Phantom is the pits.