SPOOKY ATTRACTION MEMORABILIA

Started by horrorhunter, March 31, 2017, 04:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horrorhunter

Quote from: marsattacks666 on April 13, 2017, 11:06:15 PM
Amazing photos, h.h. I am about 11 hours from Gatlinburg, Tn.
I'm not sure what's in Gatlinburg now. Because of family obligations I haven't been able to go in over 3 years.

Back in the '70s and '80s when we used to go often you could get around pretty easily, especially on weekdays. But, in the last few years the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area has grown so in size and popularity the main roads are like a parking lot on the weekends and it's still very crowded even on weekdays. I did manage to go during Halloween a couple of times 6 or 7 years ago and rented a motel room for the weekend stays. That was really great getting to walk around and visit Ripley's Aquarium, The Mysterious Mansion, and some other attractions, as well as seeing Gatlinburg fill up with Trick Or Treaters.  tynhrt
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

I finally scored one of these World Of The Unexplained (Gatlinburg) brochures from an eBay seller.

I already had the souvenir booklet that I bought in person back then (see post earlier in this thread). Now, I finally got a brochure. I'm a little obsessed with this place, or rather the memories of it.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Sir Masksalot

Congratulations on the eBay score, horrorhunter.
I should've discovered this thread much earlier. 'Fun topic, great pics.

I've saved lots of brochures in my travels through darkness and mystery >

Just as fun are the home haunts I've seen over the years >

horrorhunter

Quote from: Sir Masksalot on November 18, 2020, 06:49:04 AM
Congratulations on the eBay score, horrorhunter.
I should've discovered this thread much earlier. 'Fun topic, great pics.

I've saved lots of brochures in my travels through darkness and mystery >

Just as fun are the home haunts I've seen over the years >

That's a fantastic collection, Sir Masksalot!

Thanks for posting them.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Here's the brochure for the Jurassic Jungle Boat Ride in Pigeon Forge, TN.

This is a fun dark ride with some cool animatronics. If you're a dino kid like me you'll probably dig it. I've ridden it many times over the years and it was always a good time. Cheezy, charming, and kid-scary.

We know how dinos and monsters go hand in claw to us monster kids so dinosaur attraction memorabilia is appropriate for this thread, IMO.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

horrorhunter

Ripley's Haunted Adventure (Gatlinburg, TN) brochure:

This is a must-see attraction for me when visiting Gatlinburg.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Haunted hearse

Quote from: horrorhunter on April 13, 2017, 11:54:42 PM
I'm not sure what's in Gatlinburg now. Because of family obligations I haven't been able to go in over 3 years.

Back in the '70s and '80s when we used to go often you could get around pretty easily, especially on weekdays. But, in the last few years the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area has grown so in size and popularity the main roads are like a parking lot on the weekends and it's still very crowded even on weekdays. I did manage to go during Halloween a couple of times 6 or 7 years ago and rented a motel room for the weekend stays. That was really great getting to walk around and visit Ripley's Aquarium, The Mysterious Mansion, and some other attractions, as well as seeing Gatlinburg fill up with Trick Or Treaters.  tynhrt

i had the opportunity to visit the Mysterious Mansion in Gatlinburg in 2019, and enjoyed it a lot. There was a horse drawn style hearse parked in front, that was fun to look at.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

horrorhunter

Quote from: Haunted hearse on November 19, 2020, 04:31:58 PM
i had the opportunity to visit the Mysterious Mansion in Gatlinburg in 2019, and enjoyed it a lot. There was a horse drawn style hearse parked in front, that was fun to look at.
Yes. Love the old hearse.

I saw this one driving around Gatlinburg a few times to drum up business for the Mansion.

I've been watching You Tube videos of late reporting that the Mysterious Mansion is under new ownership and has added new settings and various bits. One is the green laser swamp which wasn't there last time I was. Hopefully the global mess will end next year and great attractions like this can flourish. I can't wait to see it again.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...