MEGO Wave 3 Wolfman

Started by Dirtyhorse, October 20, 2018, 02:51:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Anton Phibes

Uhm....is this real or manipulated in some way? if its real: It's gotta be the first ever Face of the Screaming Werewolf figure ever made,lol. It also skirts Universal but still gets to use Chaney. Which makes me wonder why no one else thought of it before,lol.

Cool find. Now repaint it and make it look better. :angel:

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Anton Phibes on October 20, 2018, 04:18:04 AM
Uhm....is this real or manipulated in some way? if its real: It's gotta be the first ever Face of the Screaming Werewolf figure ever made.

It's the real deal!

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Anton Phibes

I dunno if I want one or not. If that makes any sense,lol. The hands look like Mego POTA hands....not Wolfman or werewolf due to lack of claws. The feet are clearly an old school Wolfman style. I cannot tell if the head is an all new sculpt or a re-tooled and re-painted Emce Wolfman? What an unusual hodge podge and weird film choice.

Mord

It's another slopfest. I'll buy it if I see it in a store. The way prices are dropping on these Megos, this one should be selling for $2.29.

aura of foreboding

This is a miracle beyond words.

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: aura of foreboding on October 20, 2018, 05:24:54 AM
This is a miracle beyond words.

Right?!? Now if they make the Mummy from the film...  :D :o
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

horrorhunter

I mentioned the possibility of this in a previous post from one of the Mego Dracula threads: http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=32896.msg552444#msg552444

I think it's cool and I'll definitely get one. Face Of The Screaming Werewolf is the crappier version of La Casa Del Terror (1960), so this cheezy figure is very appropriate to represent that fun Mexi-Movie. Fans of Mexican Monsters will go nuts over this.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

favoritemonsters

Maybe we'll get a Robot vs The Aztec Mummy 2-pack !

Mord

The more I look at this, the more I like it. Reminds me of DD's Naschy werewolves. At $15 or less, it's a bargain. Anton, you will definitely buy one. You can't pass this up. It will go with your DD werewolf collection.

the_horror_man

I don't think I ever saw the film, but I might buy this werewolf figure. Looks kind of cool.

thm

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on October 20, 2018, 10:11:20 PM
The more I look at this, the more I like it. Reminds me of DD's Naschy werewolves. At $15 or less, it's a bargain. Anton, you will definitely buy one. You can't pass this up. It will go with your DD werewolf collection.

Unfortunately all I have is Boy Who Cried Werewolf, Teenage Werewolf, Wolf  Megos, and Waldemar 1/6. I had to sell most of my DD Mego Werewolves off. Along with some other things. Because being a grown up sucketh at times. 8)

Anton Phibes

Quote from: the_horror_man on October 20, 2018, 10:51:33 PM
I don't think I ever saw the film, but I might buy this werewolf figure. Looks kind of cool.

thm

I am officially skipping it. He has gorilla feet. Not werewolf feet. Yup. These feet are gonna be used for another character. Possibly a mugato or some other gorilla. This thing is truly a throwback to the rack toys of the AHI days. Except this is 2018...soon to be 2019. So, I shall pass. :'(

the_horror_man

I just watched Face of the Screaming Werewolf. Found it on You Tube. Imo, this was not a good film. However, I was pleasantly surprised to see Lon Chaney Jr playing both a Werewolf and a Mummy. I would say you really have to go out of your way to make a bad film if you and have Lon Chaney Jr playing a Werewolf and Mummy and it still is not good.

Also, why is the figure wearing a plaid flannel shirt? He wore what looked like a plain colored dress shirt in the film. I will probably still buy the figure. ;D

thm