Mego wave 2 Frankenstein is out!

Started by StyreneDude, September 07, 2018, 10:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marsattacks666

There are were six or seven Draculas/Bela at the Target near me.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mr_Ghool

Just picked up the disappointing Frankenstein Mego at Target.  He's dressed in army green pants and green jacket and his boots look like army issued also.  But his shirt is black.  He looks like he can glow in the dark, but does NOT.  His jacket sleeves are just below his elbows and his pants are above his ankles.  To me it's a very generic looking monster.  He does NOT have any neck bolts which are associated with the Frankenstein monster.  The card has no mention of Universal.
The illustration on the front of the card is like one of the Frankenstein Halloween cards out there now, NOT a picture/photo.  On the back of the card is a different illustration of the monster than the one on the front.  The back illustration has the neck bolts on the sides of his forehead.  He's more of a G I Joe Frankenstein. I think he would make a great figure to customize.

Mord

Quote from: Mr_Ghool on September 09, 2018, 08:47:04 PM
Just picked up the disappointing Frankenstein Mego at Target.  He's dressed in army green pants and green jacket and his boots look like army issued also.  But his shirt is black.  He looks like he can glow in the dark, but does NOT.  His jacket sleeves are just below his elbows and his pants are above his ankles.  To me it's a very generic looking monster.  He does NOT have any neck bolts which are associated with the Frankenstein monster.  The card has no mention of Universal.
The illustration on the front of the card is like one of the Frankenstein Halloween cards out there now, NOT a picture/photo.  On the back of the card is a different illustration of the monster than the one on the front.  The back illustration has the neck bolts on the sides of his forehead.  He's more of a G I Joe Frankenstein. I think he would make a great figure to customize.

Well, that's disappointing news. Any way you would post a pic or 2? Doesn't bode well for the Wolfman.

monstermanor

Could you post pictures of the Mego Frankenstein front and back of the card for us, please.  Thanks for your help with this, would love to see a closeup of him. 

Mr_Ghool

Mr_Ghool

Well I obviously done something wrong trying to post  pictures through image shack.  Any suggestions?

Mike Scott

Welcome to the UMA, monstermanor !  :)

You too, Mr_Ghool, since I missed you, earlier.  :)
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mike Scott

Quote from: Mr_Ghool on September 09, 2018, 11:44:37 PM
Well I obviously done something wrong trying to post  pictures through image shack. Any suggestions?

You need to put the code on each link, not just at the beginning and end of a group of  links.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Mr_Ghool

OK, I guess I did something right.  There was only one Frankenstein.  Quite a few Gorns, Star Trek guys and Samantha from Bewitched.  The Target store was in reset operation, meaning every department was scattered throughout the building.  The Megos were on the endcap and all 8 inch figures were priced at $12.99.  For those of you keeping track of country wide inventory, this store was in a southwest suburb outside the Windy City.  Once again, no mention of Universal, Glen Strange, Karloff, Lugosi, or Chaney Enterprises on the card.

the_horror_man

I actually like this Frankenstein figure. The big question is where are they? I didn't check the Targets in my area because they didn't even have the Dracula, never mind this wave 2 Franky. Also, I have not seen one on ebay and Target on line doesn't have them either.

thm

monstermanor

Thanks so much for posting all of the photos !! 

zombiehorror

Quote from: Mr_Ghool on September 09, 2018, 08:47:04 PMTo me it's a very generic looking monster.  He does NOT have any neck bolts which are associated with the Frankenstein monster. 

Looks like Strange to me; I like it from the photo (I've never cared about the green jacket)...now if I can find one.

Dirtyhorse

Lots of custom potential/ideas regarding this figure 😎👍🏻

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mr_Ghool on September 09, 2018, 08:47:04 PM
Just picked up the disappointing Frankenstein Mego at Target.  He's dressed in army green pants and green jacket ...   To me it's a very generic looking monster.  He does NOT have any neck bolts ... The card has no mention of Universal....  On the back of the card is a different illustration of the monster than the one on the front.  The back illustration has the neck bolts on the sides of his forehead....   

They used the same tired, old picture from Bride of Frankenstein on the front - the one that EVERYONE uses.  Universal must not challenge the use of that image any longer. 

But, then they made that even worse.  They cropped the electrodes from the neck!  They are clearly visible in the original picture.

So, what is the story with these?  They use a photographic image from Universal on the front of the box, Universal's Frankenstein font on the back and dress the monster in green - but they remove the neck electrodes from both photo and figure  and don't mention Universal why? So they don't have to pay a licensing fee?  (They use all the other design elements for an "official" monster - Scalp clamps, left jaw stiches, forehead wound.)

I don't get it.
ADAM

Dirtyhorse

The likeness is definitely Strange, not Karloff 👍🏻