Author Topic: Mego wave 2 Frankenstein is out!  (Read 13697 times)

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
Re: Mego wave 2 Frankenstein is out!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 08:37:57 PM »
Looks like an economy version of the emce to me. Here's the emce. You judge. I am not gonna buy one.
 :'(

"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 08:40:02 PM »
I was just about to say that. I didn't know you could just chop off the bolts to avoid licensing.

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 08:42:00 PM »
Looks like an economy version of the emce to me. Here's the emce. You judge. I am not gonna buy one.
 :'(

It's the one I think looks like Liev Schreiber.

ADAM

John Pertwee

• Sergeant
  • Exiled Time Lord
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2018, 08:46:19 PM »
They moved the neck bolts up to the forehead on the back art.

I'll buy one, but these are disappointing.

GREGGORY67

• Private First Class
    • GreGGory's Shock Theater
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2018, 09:14:34 PM »
https://flic.kr/p/29Qjz4hThey recycled the old Mad Monster Frankenstein art for the back.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:20:05 PM by GREGGORY67 »

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2018, 09:55:55 PM »
 I guess this means we'll get the EMCE Wolfman with green pants? Maybe they'll give him the missing neck-bolts.

Spock

• Sergeant
    • Distinctive Dummies
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2018, 11:10:29 PM »
Mego are doing what they always did. Ballpark likeness, generic paints and a cheap and cheerful price point. It's what gives them the charm and mego feel. I think with classic monsters it was AHI who set the gold bar originally. I think the Frankie's okay for the price. A pair of spaceman boots from FTC painted black. A black suit from them too, hem the sleeves a little, weather by rubbing on concrete, a couple of bolts made from cutting the ends off a wooden barbecue skewer. Paint silver. Glue on. Job Done :)

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
  • Haunted Hulk...The Horror Of The Seven Seas
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2018, 11:16:50 AM »
Looks like an economy version of the emce to me. I am not gonna buy one.
That's a letdown. Is the new Frank figure the one we hoped might be a decent Chaney?

I'm on the fence about even giving $15 for it. I may buy one in a pre-Halloween induced fever but I'm sure not hoop-jumping for it. Certainly not gonna sweat it if I miss out on it.  :blank:
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 11:24:52 AM »
 The biggest letdown for me is, that it's a redo of a figure a lot of us already have. I thought the EMCE version was barely passable itself. I definitely will stay out of this one. Maybe that's why the first pic we saw didn't show the face. What happened to the Chaney Jr. one?

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2018, 11:38:07 AM »
The biggest letdown for me is, that it's a redo of a figure a lot of us already have. I thought the EMCE version was barely passable itself. I definitely will stay out of this one. Maybe that's why the first pic we saw didn't show the face. What happened to the Chaney Jr. one?
I hope the new Wolfman figure isn't a big disappointment as well.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2018, 11:45:42 AM »
I hope the new Wolfman figure isn't a big disappointment as well.

It's offered as a "werewolf" from what I hear from Martin and others. probably gonna be the Emce with a re-paint and new clothes. Its good to get them out there and let kids nab them....I am all for that. But for old poops like me; I already bought the emce.

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2018, 11:49:07 AM »
Can they possibly paint it any worse than the EMCE version? The clothes on that one are bad enough.

horrorhunter

• Sergeant
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2018, 11:53:17 AM »
It's offered as a "werewolf" from what I hear from Martin and others. probably gonna be the Emce with a re-paint and new clothes. Its good to get them out there and let kids nab them....I am all for that. But for old poops like me; I already bought the emce.
Yep, you're right about offering them as toys to the kids being a good thing. Might turn a few kids into monster collectors.

I guess the new Mego Bela Drac turning out to be of nice quality was a fortunate fluke.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2018, 12:08:15 PM »
Can they possibly paint it any worse than the EMCE version? The clothes on that one are bad enough.

I know you're gonna hate this next statement....but I really dig those Emce booger. Esp. Phantom and Creature. The only one I have an issue with is Drac (for the obvious reason, he looks like my mailman and not Bela Lugosi). The Phantom and Creech are my faves. 

Monsters For Sale

• Sergeant
  • Aged 10 - 1957
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 12:12:36 PM »
I know you're gonna hate this next statement....but I really dig those Emce booger. Esp. Phantom and Creature. The only one I have an issue with is Drac (for the obvious reason, he looks like my mailman and not Bela Lugosi). The Phantom and Creech are my faves.

People like what they like.  No hate here.

When I say I hate a toy, it is only for me.  I never hated Cabbage Patch Kid collectors - just never agreed with them.

(I wish our politicians could strike a similar balance.)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 12:44:51 PM by Monsters For Sale »
ADAM