Monster Greeting Cards at Target

Started by Ares, September 07, 2018, 04:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ares

Saw these in person, they're beautiful. Great art on front and on the inside too.  Sorry if someone has posted before, I did not see.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/the-further/3518833/target-gorgeous-set-universal-monsters-halloween-greeting-cards-year/

Mike Scott

They were posted in the "NEW FOR HALLOWEEN - 2018" thread in MODERN MONSTER TOYS, but there will be people who will see them here first. Very nice cards! Too bad they are only stocking 2 of each per store.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sir Masksalot

My wife surprised me with four of them earlier this week but I haven't seen that Creature card until now. I'll have to make a Target run and look for it. 

the_last_gunslinger

I got Frankenstein and his Bride. The artwork is stunning; it caught my eye from across the aisle.
The man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed...

Mike Scott

Got a Creature card, today, thanks to Remco Wolfman! Great card!
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

BRICK

Those look amazing! They should make these into posters or large art prints.
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 07, 2018, 04:57:07 AM
They were posted in the "NEW FOR HALLOWEEN - 2018" thread in MODERN MONSTER TOYS, but there will be people who will see them here first. Very nice cards! Too bad they are only stocking 2 of each per store.

The larger stores have more four each is the most I've seen), and a restock isn't out of the question.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

Radioactive Rod Whitenack

I picked up the Creature card. My local Target is already sold out of all of them except for the Invisible Man.

BRICK

My Good News/Bad News Story-

Good News: The second Target near me has some of the Universal Monster Halloween cards!!!

Bad News: The only two cards they have are The Mummy and The Invisible Man; while they are both very cool, they are (in my opinion) the two weakest designs of the series.

Good News: These cards are made by Carlton! There is a Carlton card/gift shop in our local mall, I'll bet they will have the whole set there! Maybe even some additional UM items!!!

Bad News: I just discovered the Carlton store in the mall went out a few months ago (after being open for literally decades)! I was going to check to see if other monsterkids found any their local Carlton stores, but it turns out that ours was one of just two remaining Carlton stores still open in the U.S.; both are now closed!!!

I feel like Burgess Meredith in "Time Enough at Last"!!!
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

horrorhunter

My Target had none of these when I checked the other day. I checked eBay and got lucky on a full set for cheap ($30 plus $3 SH).

I really like these cards and I wasn't about to run around hunting these in person. The other eBay listings I saw wanted $10 (or more) each for the cards, which is way more than I would give. Wait for an auction listing if you go the eBay route.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

BRICK

Does anyone know if Target is offering these again (or, possibly, a new set) for this Halloween?

marsattacks666

Quote from: BRICK on September 25, 2019, 11:22:00 PM
Does anyone know if Target is offering these again (or, possibly, a new set) for this Halloween?

In my area, I have not seen a return of these cards. Last year I purchased a few.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

aura of foreboding

Not this year.  Walmart and Kroger both have the nice Karloff Frankenstein portrait (same as last year), though.