Another Little Rascals Question!

Started by roddmatsui, December 22, 2007, 04:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roddmatsui

Okay, you guys were the people who knew the last Little Rascals short I was looking for ("The First Roundup").  Here's another one that has me puzzled!

As you know they did a lot of films with a "playing hooky" theme.  Quite often, the characters would have a frightening or harrowing experience that would make them think twice about playing hooky the next time! 

So here's the scene...one of the kids is walking home after most of the action has taken place.  He happens to be walking by a scarecrow, when suddenly, the scarecrow comes to life, jumps to the ground, and starts shaking and dancing.  This frightens the kid, who runs away.

This is a strange, surreal moment and I'm sure it's just supposed to be happening in the kid's mind.  It's a brief "throwaway" scene.  I haven't seen this episode in many years, so I have no idea what the title is.

Anyone know this one?

hhwolfman

Quote from: roddmatsui on December 22, 2007, 04:31:54 AM
Okay, you guys were the people who knew the last Little Rascals short I was looking for ("The First Roundup").  Here's another one that has me puzzled!

As you know they did a lot of films with a "playing hooky" theme.  Quite often, the characters would have a frightening or harrowing experience that would make them think twice about playing hooky the next time! 

So here's the scene...one of the kids is walking home after most of the action has taken place.  He happens to be walking by a scarecrow, when suddenly, the scarecrow comes to life, jumps to the ground, and starts shaking and dancing.  This frightens the kid, who runs away.

This is a strange, surreal moment and I'm sure it's just supposed to be happening in the kid's mind.  It's a brief "throwaway" scene.  I haven't seen this episode in many years, so I have no idea what the title is.

Anyone know this one?

Man I thought I have seen them all, but that doesn't seem familiar.   All I can say is,

Learn that Poem Learn that Poem.  :D

roddmatsui

Learn that poem...learn that poem...

Yeah, frequently, a character playing hooky would soon find himself in a sort of twilight zone, a confusing netherworld of his own making.  Wasn't that Jackie Cooper who had to learn the poem (and what episode was that in?  I don't have that one either)?

Seeing "The First Roundup" after so many years was a real thrill.  All the spooky episodes have a real atmosphere to them.

roddmatsui

And, actually, it looks like I had some wires crossed on that one...I emailed a Little Rascals site that had some experts, and while I was remembering a Little Rascals episode, I remembered some of the details wrong.  But I have the title now, though!  Apparently it's "Election Day."

hhwolfman

Quote from: roddmatsui on December 22, 2007, 04:40:24 PM
Learn that poem...learn that poem...

Yeah, frequently, a character playing hooky would soon find himself in a sort of twilight zone, a confusing netherworld of his own making.  Wasn't that Jackie Cooper who had to learn the poem (and what episode was that in?  I don't have that one either)?

Seeing "The First Roundup" after so many years was a real thrill.  All the spooky episodes have a real atmosphere to them.

Yep Jackie cooper was being mean to the new Teacher, So she said he couldn't come back tell he learn the poem. It was a very wimpy poem about falling  down and skined his little shin. Or something to that effect, if memory serves me correctly. I haven't seen it in a while. I just allways used to tell my kid, when she was doing her homework. Learn that Poem, Learn that Poe. ;D

roddmatsui

Yeah, something like "I bent to pick the daffo-dil, and skinned my little shin" or something.  It was a lame poem.  I remember all the kids laughing at him as he read each line in tears.  Man, these films were profound.

hhwolfman

Quote from: roddmatsui on December 23, 2007, 02:05:18 AM
Yeah, something like "I bent to pick the daffo-dil, and skinned my little shin" or something.  It was a lame poem.  I remember all the kids laughing at him as he read each line in tears.  Man, these films were profound.

Yeah Man, I read a book once that said., When ever they needed the kids to cry, they would tell em, thier  Mom Died or Dog or both.  :o Man I love the little Rascals. My 8 year old does too. HHW

Gareee

I never realized there was a Little rascals cameo in the movie 1941!

When the main characters come out of the diner near the beginning, there are a bunch of kids sitting on a bench outside all dressed up as them.