Dracula's Ghost

Started by Dr. Acula, August 02, 2018, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Acula

I recently stumbled across this DVD on eBay:

At first I thought, "WHAAAAT???!! Is this some long lost film that I never heard of, recently rediscovered?" But upon reading the fine print, I learned that it is a "fantasy sequel" pieced together with clips from various other films in the public domain (such as Mark of the Vampire,perhaps?). Still, my interest was piqued.  This could be fun, and the cast they have assembled is stellar! I went ahead and ordered a copy and will gladly share my thoughts on it once I have seen it.

Has anyone here ever heard of this? Or perhaps viewed it? Might this even be the work of someone on this forum?

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

ChristineBCW

I wouldn't be surprised if RETURN OF THE VAMPIRE was contributing scenes as well.  I've always thought that should have been the sequel to DRAC.

LundyAfterMidnight

I've watched it on the Monster Club FB page over a year ago. After inquiring, I'm happy to see it's finally getting a DVD release.  It's mostly The Vampire Bat w/brief Bela scenes & close ups from public domain movie trailers inserted into the action. Some may be disappointed, but I enjoyed it!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

LugosiFan25

Might try to check this out. Seems kind of interesting. Always wished Lugosi had the chance to follow up Dracula with a true sequel.
"....flying saucers? You mean the kind from up there?"

Dr. Acula

The DVD of this movie that I order from eBay arrived the other day, but the disc does not play! Aaargh! The seller has promised to send a replacement disc, so I am still waiting to see this movie ....

LundyAfterMidnight

I'm eager to hear what you think as more of you get to see this. Again, I liked it!
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)