Universal Monster Mash at Mahoning Drive-In (Lehighton, PA), August 3 & 4

Started by segeorge, May 22, 2018, 09:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

segeorge

For the second year in a row, the Mahoning Drive-In, in Lehighton, PA, is having a Universal Monsters Weekend (https://www.facebook.com/events/1594515537334618/).

On Friday, August 3, they're showing Dracula and Creature from the Black Lagoon.
On Saturday, August 4, Frankenstein and Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein.

FrankFan95

Yep I'm going to this! Cannot wait! One question. They posted a link to buy tickets in advance but the link doesn't work? Do I need to email or call them about it or wait until the day of the event and purchase my tickets there?

segeorge

I just went to the website of Ticketfly, the vendor Mahoning uses for online sales.  They've temporarily discontinued activity because of a possible "cyber incident." 

I've been to the Drive In twice and didn't have trouble getting tickets at the gate (and with Ticketfly's possible security breach, I'm less likely to trust them now).  I wouldn't expect it to sell out, but contacting them couldn't hurt.

FrankFan95

Quote from: segeorge on June 01, 2018, 03:02:10 PM
I just went to the website of Ticketfly, the vendor Mahoning uses for online sales.  They've temporarily discontinued activity because of a possible "cyber incident." 

I've been to the Drive In twice and didn't have trouble getting tickets at the gate (and with Ticketfly's possible security breach, I'm less likely to trust them now).  I wouldn't expect it to sell out, but contacting them couldn't hurt.
Thank you for the reply I really appreciate it!

segeorge

segeorge

Well, that was fun.  Except for the constant rain on Friday night. 
It was dry when I arrived, but heavily raining for most of Dracula.  When I got out to get popcorn before Creature started, I stepped ankle deep into water surrounding my car.  So I wasn't surprised to see this guy laughing at me!

Saturday night was beautiful, with a scattering of stars visible.  And the place was packed, although one car left about 10 minutes into Frankenstein and a good half dozen more bailed on Abbot & Costello Meet Frankenstein (some before they even met the Wolf Man!).  Then the bulb in one of their projectors burnt out, so the last two reels of the movie had to shown on one projector, meaning a short delay to change reels.  I think that caused a couple more cars to bail. 

I really enjoy watching these classics the way many people originally saw them and how I first started seeing movies as a kid.  All in all, another fun drive-in adventure.  I can't wait to find out what they plan on showing at next year's Monster Mash.