What is this Creature item?

Started by Mike Scott, July 13, 2018, 12:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Scott

Don't think I've ever seen this. Anybody know what it is? What it went with? It's cardboard and the date looks like '82, or '92.

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

michblk

I don't know what it is, but it's the same logo as on the Telco motionette and those were 1992 I think.

BK
"There is something wrong with us, very, very wrong with us"
Bill Murray - Stripes

aura of foreboding

I have the Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride, and Wolf Man from this set.  I am missing the Creature.  These were yard decorations, pathway markers really, that came out in 1992.  They came with little stakes to put them into the ground. 

aura of foreboding

Here they are, obviously, not out in the yard:

The Batman

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 13, 2018, 03:35:25 AM
I have the Dracula, Frankenstein, Bride, and Wolf Man from this set.  I am missing the Creature.  These were yard decorations, pathway markers really, that came out in 1992.  They came with little stakes to put them into the ground.

Yep, 1992 Rubie's Costume Company walkway decorations. I picked up a set last year (or the year before) on deep closeout at their warehouse on a road trip with Fatfink. They also made full figure yard stakes that are pretty swell.

Here's the packaging for the walkway decorations hot linked from somewhere.

Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

aura of foreboding

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on July 13, 2018, 04:57:29 AM
Yep, 1992 Rubie's Costume Company walkway decorations. I picked up a set last year (or the year before) on deep closeout at their warehouse on a road trip with Fatfink. They also made full figure yard stakes that are pretty swell.

I have never seen the full figure ones.  I would love to own them.  Do you have pictures? 

darkmonkeygod

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 13, 2018, 05:13:19 AM
I have never seen the full figure ones.  I would love to own them.  Do you have pictures?

I don't. They are from Rubie's and were released at the same time. I wish I could remember what they called them. They're packaged in much the same fashion, header with bag, but the item is a couple of feet tall.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

zombiehorror

Mike Scott

Wow! I am such an idiot!  :laugh: There's one sitting across the room from me! Thanks, everybody!
CREATURE FAN

Mike Scott

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 13, 2018, 05:13:19 AM

Here's a pic of the Creature one. I think they're about 3 ft. tall. I wish I had one, but never see them for sale anymore.

CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Rubies made these 1990's lawn signs in Walkway Decorations (heads), about 11-12" tall and Yard Decorations (full bodies), about 36" tall.

I think the heads are double-sided stiff cardboard and glow in the dark.

The full bodied signs are MUCH scarcer and hardly ever show up on eBay.

Here is my Frank:

The cardboard portion of my full bodied Frank is exactly 35½" tall and is printed on one side only.

ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on July 13, 2018, 09:27:22 PM

I think the heads are double-sided, stiff cardboard and glow in the dark.

Yes, yes and no.
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Mike Scott on July 13, 2018, 10:03:01 PM

Yes, yes and no.

You're right.  I wonder why I was thinking they did glow?
ADAM

aura of foreboding

Thanks for the pictures of the full-size guys!  I really, really like 'em.  Wish I could track them down, but I, like many of you, have never seen them.