Mummy's Ghost 1/2 scale bust

Started by StyreneDude, June 24, 2018, 09:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StyreneDude

Finished this up last night...one of my favorite sculpts ever.  Took a while due to some casting issues but well worth the effort.

Proudly displayed in my Mummy collection!

FrankFan95

Amazing job. Jeff did a great job on that sculpt but yeah if you order from Tony you'll get two issues. One is the smoke smell and two some issues within the piece. Lots of clean up but once done all that it becomes a piece.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

the_horror_man

Quote from: FrankFan95 on June 24, 2018, 09:07:18 AM
Amazing job. Jeff did a great job on that sculpt but yeah if you order from Tony you'll get two issues. One is the smoke smell and two some issues within the piece. Lots of clean up but once done all that it becomes a piece.

Amazing piece. Both the sculpt and paint are spectacular. However, smoke smell on items, especially new highly collectible pieces, is unacceptable. Sometimes there is no way to remove the smell totally. Also, one piece that smells like smoke, can mean a whole collectibles room that smells like smoke.

You could put the item in a case. However, if you ever open the case, be prepared for the stench to almost knock you over.

thm

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Sir Masksalot

Wow, it's like looking at the old movie still in 3-D ... and in color!

FrankFan95

Quote from: the_horror_man on June 24, 2018, 04:24:44 PM
Amazing piece. Both the sculpt and paint are spectacular. However, smoke smell on items, especially new highly collectible pieces, is unacceptable. Sometimes there is no way to remove the smell totally. Also, one piece that smells like smoke, can mean a whole collectibles room that smells like smoke.

You could put the item in a case. However, if you ever open the case, be prepared for the stench to almost knock you over.

thm
Once I receive the piece from Tony you open the mailer and it hits you hard. I get dishwasher soap and bucket of water, toothbrush and sponge and I go to town on it. It gets rid of the smell pretty much. Just takes a little time.

Anton Phibes

I don't own the kit, so I cannot attest one way or another to smoky smells. However, my son was recently gifted a bolt action rifle with wood features (stock, etc). The minute he brought it in the house I told him to try to clean it up, because it smelled like cigarette smoke. People who smoke are apparently oblivious to it, and take offense to someone mentioning it. But things that reek of smoke are not coming into my collection.

Wolfman66

Quote from: StyreneDude on June 24, 2018, 09:04:24 AM
Finished this up last night...one of my favorite sculpts ever.  Took a while due to some casting issues but well worth the effort.

Proudly displayed in my Mummy collection!

This and the Karloff bust you painted up Fangtastic! 8)
Clint Eastwood in Tarantula 1955-Dropping Napalm.Follow in Order.

Wolfman

I can't deal with smoke smell. I've already returned an item because of it.

JP

Doh!

When I was a kid, both of my parents were smokers, and there must've been 20 ashtrays in the house; almost every flat surface had one. My folks would smoke at the kitchen table while I was trying to eat my Cap'n Crunch (or Quisp or Lucky Charms)... which is probably why I'm not a smoker today. I had my fill of it as a youth.

Great Mummy, though!

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Creepy

Check out my Vintage posters and Masks at The Haunted Cinema

monstrosities

A fantastic sculpt and paint job.....I just wish they would have done one in 1/4 scale, like most busts!