Author Topic: Does Star Wars need more films like Solo?  (Read 2031 times)

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
Re: Does Star Wars need more films like Solo?
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2019, 01:12:52 PM »
Maybe another Ewok TV movie to complete that trilogy?  ;)

Whoa!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Mord

• Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2019, 02:19:54 PM »
 Am I the only one hankering for a Jar Jar origin movie?

marsattacks666

• Sergeant
  • I'm almost.....Human.
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2019, 03:56:34 PM »

Yikes!!! No!!!! ;D
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

zombiehorror

• Sergeant
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2019, 07:41:25 AM »

BijouBob8mm

• Corporal
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »

"The Jedi crave not these things"  -- Yoda, 1980.

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2019, 10:31:23 PM »
They can make all the sequels and Star Wars movies they want, and that's fine, because I honestly don't have any interest in seeing them. I loved Episode 4. A simple story, bad guys to root for the heroes defeating. Then with episode 5, we get the beginnings of a soap opera, and a weakening of the characters. Suddenly that kiss on the lips for good luck becomes a bit creepy, when you realize Luke and Leia are brother and sister. How does someone as in tune with the force, not recognize his own daughter when they meet face to face, unless Vader considers killing his child as a disciplinary action? Man, that's strict! Episode six, the Ewoks! Thank goodness they all died, when the explosion of the second Death Star subjected their planet to a nuclear winter. The prequels cause me to loose increasing interest in the series, and then to Episode 7, where we learn that Solo and Leia are as awful a married couple, as they are parents to a single whinny brat who has grandaddy issues. Episode 8 shows us that Luke is as big a loser as his sister and Han Solo were. So, what am I supposed to be rooting for here? A failed republic, that couldn't stop the Empire from reforming? Enjoy Starwars folks, it is no longer for me.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2019, 10:37:01 PM »
Enjoy Starwars folks, it is no longer for me.

You sure hung in there for a long time, after being disappointed by the second movie!  ;D
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Haunted hearse

• Sergeant
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2019, 10:59:25 PM »
You sure hung in there for a long time, after being disappointed by the second movie!  ;D
Sometimes when you witness a train wreck, you develop a morbid curiosity about seeing how bad it can get.
What ever happened to my Transylvania Twist?

BijouBob8mm

• Corporal
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2019, 02:20:18 PM »
Sometimes when you witness a train wreck, you develop a morbid curiosity about seeing how bad it can get.

Sadly, that sums up more than a few relationships I've been in....

Lazarus

• Sergeant
  • Monster Kid Forever
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2019, 05:23:09 PM »
Solo isn't great,  and it did what I thought it was going to do,  which was to pull a Last Crusade and have all of the characters defining characteristics mollify in the span of a week.

BUT, it set up a sequel that pointed it toward unknown territory.   I want to see the movie where Han and Chewie be straight up criminals.  I want to see him get himself in over his head and be forced to work for Jabba.  Things like that.