Author Topic: What's the name of that series? Contaminated Downtown...  (Read 58 times)

ChristineBCW

• Sergeant
What's the name of that series? Contaminated Downtown...
« on: May 14, 2018, 05:24:54 PM »
A few seasons ago, there was a contaminated or at-least quarantined downtown city as the basis for a TV show.  Does anyone recall a name of this?

There was a chief of police who was badgered or coerced into helping some evil governmental agency into hiding the truth from the citizens, and there were people that escaped the quarantine area as ongoing drama. 

Inside, there was some love-interest going on - a woman with a daughter, befriended and protected by some man.  A doctor?  Law enforcement?  Fireman?

Mike Scott

• d
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

ChristineBCW

• Sergeant
Re: What's the name of that series? Contaminated Downtown...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 03:21:42 PM »
Yes!  CONTAINMENT!  "Atlanta".  That's it.  Like most apocalypse tales, the first episode has promise then they poison it with some undefeatable super-villain entity - an agency, a bureaucraZy, some rich ultra-class, etc.   All I can remember is some high muckety-muck telling the chief of police, "Clean this up!  These are your people!" which was virtually an order to slaughter anyone inside the quarantined area that could escape.  yawn... I forgot the name by Episode 2 and when I tried to find it on local listings, well, it all merged into that same dull morass. 

"Was it FEAR THE LOCKED-IN DEAD?"  No no...

Mike Scott

• d
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:18:15 PM »
You almost had it! "Contaminated" "Containment". Only a few letters different!  ;D
CREATURE FAN

ChristineBCW

• Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »
"Quarantined" was searched on, too.  I remember there weren't zombies - it was a CONTAGION type film, only with far prettier people - or tuffs.  There wasn't anyone who wasn't handsome, beautiful, tuff - or all.  We are soooo lucky to live in such a beauty-filled world!  Or where everyone's a weapons and martial arts expert.  Whew! 

Well... at least I didn't lose this bet.  If it HAD been "Fear The Locked-In Dead", hubby would have won. 

Mike Scott

• d
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »
There wasn't anyone who wasn't handsome, beautiful, tuff - or all.  We are soooo lucky to live in such a beauty-filled world!  Or where everyone's a weapons and martial arts expert.

Hey, it's TV! The ugly people at only on the comedies.
CREATURE FAN