Author Topic: Do you watch "normal" TV drama series'?  (Read 1376 times)

Mike Scott

• Army General
  • So terrifying only screams can describe it!
    • Monster Magazines
Do you watch "normal" TV drama series'?
« on: May 04, 2018, 09:35:24 AM »
Do you watch cop shows, medical dramas and the like? Seems like the only TV drama I've seen in several years are shows like "Agents of Shield", "The Flash", "Gotham" and the like. I'd certainly watch another season of "Fargo", if they have one. How about you?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 10:17:49 AM by Mike Scott »
CREATURE FAN

Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Flower

• Sergeant
Re: Do you watch "normal" TV drama series'?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 02:05:30 PM »
Currently, I like both "Bull" and "NCIS New Orleans" ... I've grown tired of "Law & Order" and the last hospital show that I watched was "E.R." but didn't follow the last few seasons.

I'm not normal anyway.   :D
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" ...  Albert Schweitzer

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 02:17:37 PM »
It's all crap. All I even used to watch was SVU and Walking Dead, and I cannot stand that crap anymore either. I never thought I would be so jaded before I ever turned 50....but here we are. Crap. Even the new X-Files revivals were....crap. I kind of liked the Mr. Chuckleteeth episode except almost all the victims were kids so...crap. There's too much political crap in all this crap anymore too. Its just crap.  So, no...I don't watch any of this crap. I cannot even stand the tv shows that are in my genre anymore because of this crap.

It's just all crap.  ;D ;D ;D
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Kidagain

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 04:32:39 PM »
Let me go out on a limb here,so you think everything is crap.

Anton Phibes

• Sergeant
  • Good Evening, Dr. Vesalius
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 04:34:08 PM »
Let me go out on a limb here,so you think everything is crap.

I tipped my hand, didn't I,lol? ;D 8)
"Nine Killed you---Nine shall Die!"

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 04:37:45 PM »
It's just all crap.

Don't pussyfoot around! What do you really think?  ;D

I also haven't watched live action sitcoms since the Seinfeld days. Just a few animated ones.
CREATURE FAN

LundyAfterMidnight

• Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2018, 01:35:08 AM »
I watch some of the British ones on Netflix: Broadchurch, Last Tango In Halifax, Doc Martin, & a lot of PBS mysteries, if that counts.
"Well friends, that's all there is to life: just a little laugh, a little tear." - Prof. Echo (Lon Chaney, Sr.)

Doh!

• Corporal
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2018, 03:17:22 AM »
Love Peaky Blinders -- after the first season, anyway.

Mike Scott

• Army General
    • Monster Magazines
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 09:31:28 AM »
I watch some of the British ones on Netflix: Broadchurch, Last Tango In Halifax, Doc Martin

I never could get into those. My idea of Brit comedy is Monty Python and stuff like that.
CREATURE FAN

aura of foreboding

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 11:19:54 AM »
I enjoyed The Good Wife for most of its run.  Also really liked Feud for the most part.  And Stranger Things is pretty mainstream, if that counts.  But not a lot else, I guess... Criminal Minds started off good and went south really quick.   

ChristineBCW

• Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2018, 10:26:52 PM »
I once tried to watch LAW & ORDER SUV out of curiosity - I mean, do SUVs need their own cops & robbers & lawyers show? 

Sure, we see police and investigators with muscle cars and Escalades, Suburbans, a few Humvees, too.  But - really - their OWN TV show? 

So, I clicked on one episode and not once did they bring up Lincoln Navigator crimes or Escalade pimps or LandRover slavers.   Not one Humvee had a ball-turret mounted on it for a gangstuh territorial dispute shootouts.  I was bored.  I clicked it off and never went back.

I have thought that CSI BBQ might be an interesting show - what some of these joints are charging MUST be a crime.  $17 for a brisket plate?!!  OUTRAGEOUS.

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 05:56:26 PM »
It is very rare that I watch Live TV mainly cuz I loathe all the damned commercials. So I DVR shows especially when there is a marathon of earlier seasons. Blue Bloods, Criminal Minds ,SWAT ,Lethal Weapon and Seal Team just to name a few.

Wicked Lester

• Sergeant
  • You won't hear me until it's too late!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2018, 11:32:13 PM »
Finally went for it and added Netflix. So now my premium cable and internet is around $220 a month.
Watched the first 6 episodes of Stranger Things today.
I've been around a looong time and am a admitted TV junkie. I have to say that I am totally LOVING this show.

WL

Lunkenstein

• Sergeant
    • Brain of Lunkenstein
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2018, 08:54:41 AM »
Outside of monster, horror and sci-fi, I'm pretty much into classic TV series like THE FUGITIVE, PETER GUNN, SECRET AGENT (DANGER MAN), etc. I also love classic TV westerns. I really did like MONK with Tony Shaloub, but even that's been over for quite some years. I also loved ER back in the day. I enjoy certain comedies with the family like THE MIDDLE, THE GOLDBERGS, SPEECHLESS and LAST MAN STANDING. Also other comedies that have been off for years like EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, KING OF QUEENS, BECKER, THAT 70s SHOW, etc.

Oh, and I don't know if this is considered a normal show, but I loved the first season of Cobra Kai.  :)
Paul

geezer butler

• Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 07:46:45 PM »
With all due respect to the critics here, I have to disagree. I think there are more quality tv options now than ever. In addition to a handful of horror shows, I watch the DC Comics shows like Gotham and all the Arrowverse shows on CW. But if we're talking about non-fantasy, horror, and sci-fi, then I'm a gangster guy.

Watched and loved the big gangster shows:
The Sopranos
The Wire
Brotherhood
Breaking Bad
Boardwalk Empire
Sons of Anarchy

I hear good things about Narcos, but haven't watched it yet. It's on my list though. McMafia was pretty decent show on AMC recently (show basically about Russian mafia in London and Israel). I also hear Peaky Blinders is very good crime show.