Day of the Dead: Bloodline 2018

Started by the_horror_man, April 17, 2018, 11:00:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_horror_man

I watched the reimagining of George Romero's Day of the Dead called Day of the Dead: Bloodline. I really enjoyed this film. The film primarilly stuck to the orignal story, but they changed some things to make it their own and did a great job doing so.

I am really gald I watched it. Also, don't be put off by some of the less than stellar acting in the beginnng. The film really is a credit to good zombie cinema.

thm

Gory Glenn

I usually bypass movies like this. There was a 2008 movie called Day of the Dead with Ving Rhames and it sucked. I haven't heard of Bloodline so I'll have to check it out based on your opinion of it. However audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty dismal for this movie and there are a lot of them. Still, I will watch this when I have the chance. Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/day_of_the_dead_bloodline_2018/reviews/?type=user

the_horror_man

Quote from: Gory Glenn on April 18, 2018, 03:52:48 PM
I usually bypass movies like this. There was a 2008 movie called Day of the Dead with Ving Rhames and it sucked. I haven't heard of Bloodline so I'll have to check it out based on your opinion of it. However audience reviews on Rotten Tomatoes is pretty dismal for this movie and there are a lot of them. Still, I will watch this when I have the chance. Thanks for the heads up.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/day_of_the_dead_bloodline_2018/reviews/?type=user

Going into it, I wasn't expecting much, but I tried to keep an open mind and I enjoyed it. It's not like an incredible zombie film, but worth watching, imo.

Also, I liked the Day of the Dead you mentioned from 2008. Once again, maybe not one of the best Zombie films, but imo, worth checking out.

I didn't care that much for the remake of Dawn of the Dead. However, I liked the first 15 mintues of the film very much. The original Dawn of the Dead is probably my all time favorite film.

thm