Brazillian Fast Food Uni Monster Cups

Started by Gillfan, March 24, 2018, 02:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gillfan

Saw these and have 0 info except that they are from a Brazilian fast food place.
How I wish this was a McD or Burger King or Wendy's item.

Anton Phibes

Yes, I want a set too...but alas, its not looking good. :'( :'(

Wolfman

My wife is going to Brazil next Thursday (her family is there). I might have her do some investigative work.lol

JP

YoungestMonsterKid

Really awesome Glenn Strange from House of Frankenstein cup. Shame there's no Phantom. But these are all still really good. More original and not using the same exact picture of them that's always used. They also all have really cool poster-like taglines and quotes. Definitely wish these were in the USA.

Oh yeah, and Dracula looks very Lugosi-like.

Anton Phibes

These are from a fast food chain called Habib's. I did a little research on the web.  They were out in February of this year (last month) and not sure if they are still around.

JP---who loves ya, baby?

If the missus can get a set (or ten) of these....hook me up with a set PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!???????
As they have yet to show up on ebay, and I am NEVER likely to ever get to Brazil.....this could be my one and only chance,lol.

Here's the flier:

And another shot:

Anton Phibes

They are still listed at the bottom of their website page as well....if anyone ever comes to our forums anymore to see this,lol. It's awfully quiet around here these days.

http://institucional.habibs.com.br/

Anton Phibes

Thanks to the EXTREME GENEROSITY of a member here (who wishes to remain anonymous) I now have a set. The member was so gracious, he made sure I got a complete set, and he only got a Wolfman and Creature...and I think The Mummy. I never would've gotten these without them (you know who you are).

Why on Earth these were not released stateside is a mystery for the ages.  The colors are phenomenally brilliant with almost like a Gogos style palette...while the art itself reminds me of vintage Marvel Comics eras. Easily a new favorite thing for my collection. Thanks my UMA comrade. 8)

Mike Scott

I assume he got them in Brazil. We'll probably see some on eBay, eventually.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mike Scott on April 16, 2018, 05:18:21 PM
I assume he got them in Brazil. We'll probably see some on eBay, eventually.

Yes, the UMA member has some extended family there and they helped me out greatly. I will eventually post some pics of all my Universal monsters glasses together in a group shot. Hang tight. As for ebay: I hope you are right. the cups are plastic, and I can easily see them winding up being used as household drink ware or discarded if they don't wind up in collections. Now all i gotta do is eventually score those Lomtion thingies,lol. 

Anton Phibes

showing off my glasses, all together,lol. I also have a Wolfman Alamo Drafthouse single glass coming my way a member here is hooking me up with. I love the glasses.

Wolfman

Awesome collection! What are those glasses on the lower right? Nice Habib's cups. I've seen them before, but can't place where?

JP

Anton Phibes

Those are a boxed set that Spencer's released a couple years ago. Or was it last year? My poor brain,lol. My only gripe: no Wolfman glass. Boo. Link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Monsters-Boxed-Set-4-Glasses-Glass-Creature-Frankenstein-Bride-Mummy/273136707076?hash=item3f98376604:g:oSkAAOSwOyJX7X7g

As for the Habib's...of course you've seen them before, bro. At the beginning of this thread,lol.  ;) ;) ;D 8)

Wolfman

Quote from: Anton Phibes on April 24, 2018, 07:34:05 PM
Those are a boxed set that Spencer's released a couple years ago. Or was it last year? My poor brain,lol. My only gripe: no Wolfman glass. Boo. Link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Monsters-Boxed-Set-4-Glasses-Glass-Creature-Frankenstein-Bride-Mummy/273136707076?hash=item3f98376604:g:oSkAAOSwOyJX7X7g

As for the Habib's...of course you've seen them before, bro. At the beginning of this thread,lol.  ;) ;) ;D 8)
Spencer's comes up with some goodies now and then. That's where I got my Bates Motel sign many moons ago. Thanks for refreshing my memory on the Habib's!!! LOL

JP

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Wolfman on April 24, 2018, 08:06:04 PM
Spencer's comes up with some goodies now and then. That's where I got my Bates Motel sign many moons ago. Thanks for refreshing my memory on the Habib's!!! LOL

JP

Those cartoony looking glasses front right were Spencer's too. 1980. My mom wanted a set of them, but she was too embarrassed to go into Spencer's. They always seem to sell thigns that are a little....well, you know,lol. So my dad went in and bought them for her.,lol. Then she allowed us to drink out them and they got broke. Then, as an adult I had to sepnd a small fortune buying them back,lol.  :angel: