Monster claymation Puppets

Started by problemchild, January 09, 2009, 06:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

problemchild

Hi everyone not sure if this should be posted here I'm new to board but I thought you would all get a kick out of a set of claymation puppets I'm working on for a short film I hope to shoot in the next few months.These are movable with aluminum armatures made from clay with  some parts made of super sculpey enjoy.

toysoldierman2001

Those are really cool! How long did it take to make them?

Scatter

We're all here because we're not all there.
http://www.distinctivedummies.net/index.html

raycastile

Raymond Castile

sixshooter

Love the look , love to see the film.  Hope you post some clips for us to see.

problemchild

Thanks for comments they took 3 to four days each to create I still need to smooth some  out some parts here is shot of devil  I started to go with these guys thanks again .

check out my site athttp://www.geocities.com/dave_gaspur/index.html

mike c

Beautiful work, Dave.
Your Devil reminds me of the Devil in Ladislaw Starewicz's signature stop motion film The Mascot (aka Puppet Love aka The Devil's Ball, 1934).
Nice figures! Keep 'em coming!

Mike C.

Jscareshock

Kenneth

QuoteYour Devil reminds me of the Devil in Ladislaw Starewicz's signature stop motion film The Mascot (aka Puppet Love aka The Devil's Ball, 1934).

The first time I saw that film was on Night Flight in the early 80's. For some reason it really creeped me out!!!! By the way....those puppets are fantastic!!!!!!

mike c

Quote from: Kenneth on January 22, 2009, 10:19:12 PM
The first time I saw that film was on Night Flight in the early 80's. For some reason it really creeped me out!

It still creeps me out, haha!
In fact I'm willing to bet anyone within a certain window of age, who knows of that film, very likely saw it first on Night Flight, which may have been short-lived but was a truly incredible show! They aired it as 'The Devil's Ball', if I recall. As such it was incomplete; the main story is of a dog who's trying to acquire an orange to bring home to his master, a sick little girl who needs it, and braves many adventures (such as this frightful Devil's ball) to get it. Or something like that.
Amazing work.

Mike C.

Kenneth

QuoteThey aired it as 'The Devil's Ball', if I recall. As such it was incomplete

That's interesting. I guess I have never seen the full length version! Yeah...Night Flight was THE best thing on television during that time, IMHO.