Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anton Phibes

While the buckets aren't my thing, I will buy ever reaction figure that feature Ed Repka's art.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: deadonarrival on February 07, 2019, 08:33:41 PM
Saw they are adding mummy & werewolf buckets... 

Not crazy about the sculpts.  But I'm glad they are producing classic monsters based products instead of more Disney, super hero or Star Wars junk.
ADAM

Mike Scott

While the Creature (and Frankenstein, I assume) buckets are licensed, I can't imagine them having to pay Universal a nickel to license that werewolf and mummy.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

deadonarrival

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on February 07, 2019, 08:40:26 PM
more Disney, super hero or Star Wars junk.

This right here is why i rarely hit the toy sections any more.  ;D

Honestly, i dont even follow super7 any more, i saw this somewhere else and figured some of ya might have interest.

Mord

Quote from: deadonarrival on February 07, 2019, 11:16:25 PM
This right here is why i rarely hit the toy sections any more.  ;D

Honestly, i dont even follow super7 any more, i saw this somewhere else and figured some of ya might have interest.
Same here. The glut of Star Wars toys is depressing, same for the boys in tights.

StyreneDude

Quote from: Anton Phibes on January 15, 2019, 03:30:10 AM
Heard any glad tidings of monstrous joy as to a potential sale date on site for them yet, SD?

Nothing yet...only a "coming soon"

BUT, Ed Repka told me he was commissioned to paint twelve Universal Monster card backs. Of those twelve paintings we've seen Frankenstein, Dracula, the Bride, and the Invisible Man. It's anybody's guess on the last two. If I had to guess I'd say a regular Phantom and maybe the Hunchback? Possibly Werewolf of London, Son of Dracula, or Dracula's Daughter. 
I'll buy as many as they want to make.

I'd love to see them re-release Nosferatu on an updated card that matches the Universal set.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: StyreneDude on February 13, 2019, 03:05:53 AM
Nothing yet...only a "coming soon"

BUT, Ed Repka told me he was commissioned to paint twelve Universal Monster card backs. Of those twelve paintings we've seen Frankenstein, Dracula, the Bride, and the Invisible Man. It's anybody's guess on the last two. If I had to guess I'd say a regular Phantom and maybe the Hunchback? Possibly Werewolf of London, Son of Dracula, or Dracula's Daughter. 
I'll buy as many as they want to make.

I'd love to see them re-release Nosferatu on an updated card that matches the Universal set.

My money's on Hunchback and Phantom, though I'd love to have a Werewolf of London, Zaleska, or an Alucard over Hunchback any day.

marsattacks666

"They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Palifan

Quote from: marsattacks666 on February 13, 2019, 04:27:40 PM
The Lawgiver looks cool.

It is a great box for that one and almost worth picking up for that alone.

Ian

VulcansFury

Quote from: Palifan on February 13, 2019, 02:50:45 PM
Well we're getting new apes today at least - https://news.toyark.com/2019/02/12/wave-2-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-reaction-figures-revealed-332132

:D Ian

According to a facebook post they just made, the date has been changed to next week 2/20. Hope Slayer is in stock by then.

Palifan

Quote from: VulcansFury on February 13, 2019, 05:18:10 PM
According to a facebook post they just made, the date has been changed to next week 2/20. Hope Slayer is in stock by then.

Just noticed that but at least Slayer has arrived -

https://super7.com/products/slayer-reaction-figure-minotaur?mc_cid=e287172439&mc_eid=841ab1c709

Ian

marsattacks666

One can never have too many SLAYER merch and collectibles.
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

VulcansFury

Yeah, and why am I not surprised that Slayer is up and POTA has been pushed back? Could it be that this is their common tactic? Im not going to pay 2 separate shipping charges, I'll wait until next week. I want Slayer, but I'm far more sick of this than my desire to own it. And watch, The Worst series 2 will hit the week after POTA2.

I am beyond tired of S7's tactics and attitude, and ended my completionist and now I only pick up what I really love. So no Lucha, no Shogun, etc. I even skipped Robotech which I do love but the scale doesnt display well with other Reaction stuff, and I would have gotten ghouls and ghosts but I'd rather not start than have to deal with jumping through possible future hoops to stay complete. Not to mention how they messed with the fans of the Alien wave 3 single cards.

Between SDCC and the other con exclusives and their intentional spreading out to get more traffic, I'm not sure how much more I can like the material more than I dislike the company. POTA and UM are about the few things I will support, but after the playset gouging, and the separate ship dates for the UM masks means I wont even dip my toes into collecting them.

Sorry for the long vent/rant, but I expected this would happen.