Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly_Thing

Is there a general/catchall Halloween-themed thread?  The season is fast approaching....

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Ugly_Thing on September 19, 2018, 09:36:17 PM
Speaking of, for last Halloween I cut out the bottom of one of the iconic .99 pumpkin buckets and placed it over one of our salt lamps -- the ideal Halloween centerpiece & throws an ominous glow!     tynhrt

Better hold onto that.  General Foam Plastics, which used to make those buckets right here in the USA, shuttered its doors earlier this year.  The molds for these buckets were purchased by a Mexican company and the new buckets look Godawful.  Like... Horrid. 

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Ugly_Thing on September 20, 2018, 12:08:20 AM
Is there a general/catchall Halloween-themed thread?  The season is fast approaching....

There is this one:

http://www.universalmonsterarmy.com/forum/index.php?topic=32900.0

And there are similarly named threads for each of several years past.

But a lot of the new toys wind up with dedicated threads.  Also, there are threads dedicated to collecting Halloween items and for Halloween candy, etc.

Use the SEARCH button at the top of the UMA Home Page to ferret them all out.
ADAM

Ugly_Thing

Quote from: aura of foreboding on September 20, 2018, 12:36:51 AM
Better hold onto that.  General Foam Plastics, which used to make those buckets right here in the USA, shuttered its doors earlier this year.  The molds for these buckets were purchased by a Mexican company and the new buckets look Godawful.  Like... Horrid.

Oh, I've got a dozen or so in a box at the bottom of a closet.  Got some sweet 60s/70s pails, too!   ;D

Remco Wolfman

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 19, 2018, 09:01:43 PM
Yeah, those are a buck.  :laugh:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Super 7 buckets are $50. Sounds like the "soapies" may not happen and those were what I was most interested in.  :(

The lack of real info about this stuff gets a bit tedious.

Have you heard the Soapies were not going to happen from outside this echo chamber? I'm fairly confident Super 7 never intended to have the Soakies, glasses or puzzles ready for Halloween. Even the buckets weren't originally going to be ready for 2018 but they'll  get (2 of them) out. The Reaction figure timing should be the first 4 (repaints of the SDCC figures) should be out before Halloween. The other 4 after Halloween. The only official quotes I've ever seen are in the article linked below from just after Toy Fair. If you've seen something else please share. No need to get the pitch forks and torches out quite yet.
http://universalmonstersuniverse.com/2018/02/27/nytf-2018-super7-brings-home-classic-universal-monsters/

deadonarrival

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 19, 2018, 09:10:35 PM

Of course the Soapies are the least likely to happen - they looked like the best sculpts proposed.

I agree. They were my most wanted but i'm not willing to write it off yet. Maybe not this year but until i see a definite "no", i still hope.

horrorhunter

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on September 20, 2018, 01:18:28 AM
Have you heard the Soapies were not going to happen from outside this echo chamber?
I only know the scuttlebutt I've read on here. Nothing official.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Universalrocks

I really want the soapies. Never have had any of the originals. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Mike Scott

Besides the lunchbox (we've heard enough on that), what were the other things from last year that didn't come out?

I remember some small Uni figures and some that came in a can of goo.
CREATURE FAN

horrorhunter

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 20, 2018, 01:36:43 AM
Besides the lunchbox (we've heard enough on that), what were the other things from last year that didn't come out?

I remember some small Uni figures and some that came in a can of goo.
The bagged playset figures...monsters and villagers, I believe. I could've made a full blown custom playset with those.
ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Mike Scott

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 20, 2018, 01:41:08 AM
The bagged playset figures...monsters and villagers, I believe.

Those are the ones I was thinking of. And then some of the same figures came in cans of glow-goop.

Anything else we didn't get?
CREATURE FAN

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: horrorhunter on September 20, 2018, 01:41:08 AM
The bagged playset figures...monsters and villagers, I believe. I could've made a full blown custom playset with those.

What monsters & villagers playset figures?  Did we ever get pictures?
ADAM

horrorhunter

ALWAYS MONSTERING...

Monsters For Sale

ADAM