Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordMudd

Quote from: aura of foreboding on July 07, 2018, 01:41:55 AM
That's like saying Dracula is a zombie.  The Monster is in a category of its own, especially since it was a new life in a new body.  Still, you are right about Shelley opening the science can of worms.   

To me, modern zombies seem like classic Mummy combined with classic Vampire with a little bit of Werewolf thrown in for effect. I would like to see someone return to the classic zombie. Meanwhile Bernie from Weekend at Bernie's would be a cool one off figure.

CCC.

Remco Wolfman

Is this an organized derailment of a thread or is the heat of summer causing everyone to lose their minds and disregard basic decorum of posting in a forum?

I actually find this lively debate entertaining and I would love for it to result in a collaboration to create a full classification system for supernatural and cryptozoological beings allocated into kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus and species. I just can't figure how it is even mildly related to Super 7 or Modern Monster Toys. It only vaguely touches on the Universal Monsters themselves. Perhaps General Discussion or even Classic Monster Movies subforums?

This isn't a lecture, rather I think this debate will be lost for the ages buried in an unrelated thread.

I'm hoping Super 7 releases the first 4 (non-SDCC exclusive) action figures in conjunction with SDCC. I'm itching for that Mutant (as well as the rest). The other 4 (one figure as yet unannounced) around Halloween.

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 08, 2018, 01:10:01 AM
I think this debate will be lost for the ages buried in an unrelated thread.

I am okay with this.

I'm hoping Super 7 releases the first 4 (non-SDCC exclusive) action figures in conjunction with SDCC. I'm itching for that Mutant (as well as the rest). The other 4 (one figure as yet unannounced) around Halloween.

Yeah, I am interested in seeing some definite release dates.  I am dying to get these. 

LordMudd

Got this set from Extremesets in the mail this weekend. It consists of 8 panels, 4 wall and 4 floor panels and there are 2 of each panel. They are 1/6 scale. I got them to use with my Readysetz City playset to expand the possibilities of it.

CCC.

Remco Wolfman

Super 7 monster beverages (I can't post a pic now) but here's the link:

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 09, 2018, 03:31:19 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlA9J-MD--_/?hl=en&taken-by=super7

Ok...I gotta have those. As long as they arent like $10 a bottle.

Wolfman

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 08, 2018, 01:10:01 AM
Is this an organized derailment of a thread or is the heat of summer causing everyone to lose their minds and disregard basic decorum of posting in a forum?

I actually find this lively debate entertaining and I would love for it to result in a collaboration to create a full classification system for supernatural and cryptozoological beings allocated into kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus and species. I just can't figure how it is even mildly related to Super 7 or Modern Monster Toys. It only vaguely touches on the Universal Monsters themselves. Perhaps General Discussion or even Classic Monster Movies subforums?

This isn't a lecture, rather I think this debate will be lost for the ages buried in an unrelated thread.

Amen to that brother. Other than the original NOTLD, I'm zombied-out. Let's get back on track, talk Super 7 and the classic monsters.

JP

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Wolfman on July 09, 2018, 06:11:27 PM
Amen to that brother. Other than the original NOTLD, I'm zombied-out. Let's get back on track, talk Super 7 and the classic monsters.

JP

I guess you know, JP....I will have those soda pops,lol.

zombiehorror

Quote from: Remco Wolfman on July 09, 2018, 03:31:19 PM

Those will go nicely with the Frankenstein and Bride sodas that World Market carried a few years ago.

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Wolfman

Quote from: Anton Phibes on July 09, 2018, 06:12:23 PM
I guess you know, JP....I will have those soda pops,lol.
I believe they've already set aside the first set for you.lol

JP

Anton Phibes

I just noticed they are SDCC exclusives. Boo. Whats up with the stuff I like being impossible to get,lol? First the Habib's cups in Brazil only (mercifully enuff a friend helped me out to get those), and now sodas that will probably cost the gdp of a small country. Rats! :'(

Anton Phibes

IF ANYONE IS ATTENDING THE CON, AND CAN HELP ME GET A SET OF THE SODAS: SEND ME A PM. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!