Super 7 "Official Universal Monsters Thread"

Started by Remco Wolfman, February 17, 2018, 01:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Count Zachula

Quote from: geezer butler on September 23, 2020, 06:21:14 PM
So wait a minute, maybe I've been out of the loop here---so no new UMs before Halloween? My wall is waiting for new additions!!!

2020-09-23_02-20-16 by geezer2014, on Flickr

Fab collection, wish I had the wall space to display in box figures.

As of right now we don't know if there will be wave 3 in time for Halloween. They haven't announced it yet.

darkmonkeygod

The Creature Walks Among Us figure is the only figure from the new wave currently offered at wholesale, and with a delivery date of 21 Dec 2020 - 20 Jan 2021.
Shannon aka monsieurmonkey on UMA Y!

marsattacks666

Quote from: darkmonkeygod on September 25, 2020, 04:33:17 PM
The Creature Walks Among Us figure is the only figure from the new wave currently offered at wholesale, and with a delivery date of 21 Dec 2020 - 20 Jan 2021.

Yikes! That's a far....Walk.👀
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Count Zachula

Super7 just announced another round of exclusives for October. Similar to what they did with SDCC. No doubt its gonna be series 3 of the monsters.  Also starring UMA's favorite hype man, Brian Flynn!

https://twitter.com/super7store/status/1309847917331533825

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

If hoops of any sort have to be jumped through for series 3, then I am out. If I can buy them outright: I will continue. If they are exclusive, wake up at 4 am, turn someone's grandma into meatloaf on a cracker, or pay scalper prices on ebay for them: they  can just keep them. Not worth the effort of anything other than "add to cart, pay now."

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 26, 2020, 08:00:51 PM
...  Not worth the effort of anything other than "add to cart, pay now." 

Think we will ever get another product line that fires up the collector base like Sideshow did - or even the Monsterville Halloween offering?
ADAM

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on September 26, 2020, 08:25:49 PM
Think we will ever get another product line that fires up the collector base like Sideshow did - or even the Monsterville Halloween offering?

I dunno honestly. Sideshow was probably the biggest and best hurrah for Universal Monsters since the 1960's.

Joseph_Baeza

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 26, 2020, 08:52:41 PM
I dunno honestly. Sideshow was probably the biggest and best hurrah for Universal Monsters since the 1960's.
No question about it, Richard.  Sideshow definitely got me back into the toy collecting game after a very long hiatus.

marsattacks666

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 26, 2020, 08:52:41 PM

Bingo!
    "They come from the bowels of hell; a transformed race of walking dead. Zombies, guided by a master plan for complete domination of the Earth."

Count Zachula

Quote from: Mike Scott on September 26, 2020, 06:57:18 PM
I hope those aren't exclusives.

I honestly doubt it, as the other series were not exclusives and all are still available on their website. My guess is they will have exclusive color ways and other things to go along with series 3.

Monsters For Sale

ADAM

Mike Scott

CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

VulcansFury

Quote from: Anton Phibes on September 26, 2020, 08:00:51 PM
If hoops of any sort have to be jumped through for series 3, then I am out. If I can buy them outright: I will continue. If they are exclusive, wake up at 4 am, turn someone's grandma into meatloaf on a cracker, or pay scalper prices on ebay for them: they  can just keep them. Not worth the effort of anything other than "add to cart, pay now."

Molds are expensive, they aren't going to make these impossible to get. Look at what they've been doing, expect more of the same. There will likely be different color variations (to get more use out of those expensive molds) with a regular release later after everyone takes the exclusive bait. They've also been maintaining stock on the first two waves and refreshing those that sold out. I get the impression they want their UM figures to remain available for some time, which is great. I expect the same for wave 3.

Super7's M.O. has been to make the most out of the molds as they can. Color variations out the yin-yang. Expect these to be GITD, day-glow, or some kind of gummie color variant like last year.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: VulcansFury on September 28, 2020, 09:01:50 AM
Molds are expensive, they aren't going to make these impossible to get. Look at what they've been doing, expect more of the same. There will likely be different color variations (to get more use out of those expensive molds) with a regular release later after everyone takes the exclusive bait. They've also been maintaining stock on the first two waves and refreshing those that sold out. I get the impression they want their UM figures to remain available for some time, which is great. I expect the same for wave 3.

Super7's M.O. has been to make the most out of the molds as they can. Color variations out the yin-yang. Expect these to be GITD, day-glow, or some kind of gummie color variant like last year.

Variants I can handle. They can make as much of that stuff as they want. If the main line ever becomes more difficult to get....then I will split. Good to know.