New Lunchboxes At Last

Started by Universal Steve, November 18, 2017, 03:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Universal Steve

Monsters In Motion just sent me a notice of 2 new Universal Monster lunchboxes. It says it won't start shipping until at least December 28th. Not in time for Xmas unfortunately. They are cool but I would have liked the lunchbox we had taken away but these will do. The price is $15.99 each. Not bad.

Universal Steve
www.universalsteve.com

Mike Scott

They look licensed, so I'll buy a Creature, if they make one.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

aura of foreboding

Definitely licensed.  Interesting, but not nearly as good as what we lost. 

Monsters For Sale

Those are OK, but I think I'll pass.

The backs look pretty good, but the fronts, or latch sides, look too spare to me.  I would have liked to see graphics that were a little "busier".
ADAM

Mike Scott

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 18, 2017, 05:47:42 AM
Those are OK, but I think I'll pass.

They're nothing special. I'd have much preferred some original art.
CREATURE FAN
[img]http://imageshack.com/a/img840/6826/nimj.jpg[/img]
Visit My Monster Magazines Website

Anton Phibes

None for me. The group box with the phenomenal art that got scrapped was great. These? Kudos if ya want them....but they leave me cold. :'( :'( :angel:

Mord

I'll pass (though, Ardeth Bey might change my mind). I would love them to use color lobby card art)

BRICK

Do you know whether they come with any kind of thermos?
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

Monsters For Sale

Quote from: BRICK on November 18, 2017, 01:29:38 PM
Do you know whether they come with any kind of thermos?

Looks like no.  There is no picture or mention of a thermos in the Monsters In Motion listing.  Maybe it is because kids prefer juice boxes these days.

Same situation with these other lunchboxes listed by Monsters In Motion:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Lunchbox - $14.99

Star Trek - Lunchbox - $12.99

I like that what I think is the best looking lunchbox is the cheapest.

ADAM

BRICK

The Star Trek one does look really great. I can remember several years back they had a close-out on Planet of the Apes Lunchboxes for only $5.99. The design they had "appeared" to have Charlton Heston as an astronaut, but still looked really cool. It seemed like a great price, unfortunately they only listed a tiny, TINY thumbnail so you really couldn't make out much detail. When I found out that the astronaut pictured was actually Mark Wahlberg, $5.99 suddenly seemed very, very expensive, indeed!
When times are dark, don't consider art to be merely a distraction; rather, think of it as a lifeline-  Neil Gaiman paraphrase.

aura of foreboding

The Star Trek one is great.  Why can't Universal do anything cool like that?  Why do they have to just approve black and white photos?  Don't get me wrong, the photos have their place and they worked for World Market... but lunch boxes are supposed to be colorful and busy.  I want colorful and busy artistic interpretations of these characters... and no... no style guide art either. 

Mord

Quote from: Monsters For Sale on November 18, 2017, 02:38:13 PM
There is no picture or mention of a thermos in the Monsters In Motion listing.  Maybe it is because kids prefer juice boxes these days.

I just can't see a kid saying, "I want an Ardeth Bey lunchbox". His schoolmates will just think it's a picture of grandpa before his Shriners meetings.

Anton Phibes

Quote from: Mord on November 18, 2017, 07:02:29 PM
I just can't see a kid saying, "I want an Ardeth Bey lunchbox". His schoolmates will just think it's a picture of grandpa before his Shriners meetings.

HAHAHAHAHAHA! C:)

aura of foreboding

Quote from: Mord on November 18, 2017, 07:02:29 PM

I know!  It was a horrible choice.  Not buying these.  A Lugosi would've swayed me... and maybe a Wolf and Creech... but yeah...  That Lugosi and Chaney ain't happening. 

Mord

Quote from: aura of foreboding on November 18, 2017, 10:44:03 PM
I know!  It was a horrible choice.  Not buying these.  A Lugosi would've swayed me... and maybe a Wolf and Creech... but yeah...  That Lugosi and Chaney ain't happening.
WHY AREN'T THEY EXPLOITING THE CREATURE? No actor's license, immense popularity, aesthetically pleasing...no brainer.